• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

It's still kind of unbelievable that you saw this happen and twice nonetheless:

October 5th: Trump says stimulus bill is off. The market tanks big time in the last little over an hour and during the final minutes, you see multiple big call sweeps. The reason for it? Both GOP and Dem donors were apparently told to buy calls because you were going to see stimulus talks get pumped. That night, you see stimulus get pumped and then you see a vapor pump that lasts the rest of that week and the Monday next week.

Late October-November: The final week sees the worst market selloff since early June. It turns out that there is major money in 350 SPY calls expiring at the end of Election Week. They end up being in the money because the S&P jumped nearly 240 points, and that turns out to be the start of a market rally that tops August.

In hindsight, "they" must have infused a lot of money to turn off the volatility on election week. I actually felt like a bounce was going to occur before it happened back then but the last thing that I would have expected was..."that".

MVIS getting smoked this morning!
Kinda nice to say we're getting smoked and still be up over 250%. I think this was expected, some TAs attributing this to massive short attack, shaking loose weak hands with stop losses and should see a nice bounce. I think it probably barcodes in this range for most of the day, will be interesting to see if any huge buys at eod.

Kinda nice to say we're getting smoked and still be up over 250%. I think this was expected, some TAs attributing this to massive short attack, shaking loose weak hands with stop losses and should see a nice bounce. I think it probably barcodes in this range for most of the day, will be interesting to see if any huge buys at eod.
What you would ideally want to see is not giving up most of yesterday's gains. Some give-back is typical after a big run and normal and healthy. Hopefully, that's all it is.

Last edited:
Sure, I'd expected this...just hope it doesn't drop too far. I guess people are getting their Christmas bonus...ha! It should continue to climb over time, though...right?

Take any profits yet??

This is why I suck at trading. Because I never know when to take profits and when to hold. The only big $7,000 lick I ever made was when one of my stocks got bought out. And if we’re being honest I was a day or 2 away from selling it before that happened. I’ve sucked ever since. I need help with setting price targets. Point me in the right direction? I haven’t given up any gains since then but haven’t capitalized much either.

Wonder if the insiders are buying or selling? That would be a good clue.

I bought MDLY on the dip to 7.07 yesterday. This was a super popular penny this year. Recently R/S a couple months back but traders still love it. Looking for 80-100% very very soon. It likes to run hard roughly every 2 months. I’ve made money here before.

I think with all the recognition lately also comes thousands of new investors that are now taking profits and shorts are loving it. I've spent way too much time researching Microvision, their tech, their patents, listening too and reading all CCs, the fireside chats, etc etc. This isn't your typical "hey there's going to be a BO" hyperbole..... like I've said before I'm in it till the end.

This is why I suck at trading. Because I never know when to take profits and when to hold. The only big $7,000 lick I ever made was when one of my stocks got bought out. And if we’re being honest I was a day or 2 away from selling it before that happened. I’ve sucked ever since. I need help with setting price targets. Point me in the right direction? I haven’t given up any gains since then but haven’t capitalized much either.
Man I feel your pain. Missed out on a 350k trade this year by being conservative. I always tend to sell on the way up but in many cases I should be selling past peak. Ive put myself through chart school recognizing bull and bear indicators intraday, weekly and monthly....its helping me make a bit more informed decisions on entrances and exits. But this year of all years technical indicators aren't always correct either. Im trying to be happy with the money I've made and concentrate less on the money I missed...but that can be so tough.

Man I feel your pain. Missed out on a 350k trade this year by being conservative. I always tend to sell on the way up but in many cases I should be selling past peak. Ive put myself through chart school recognizing bull and bear indicators intraday, weekly and monthly....its helping me make a bit more informed decisions on entrances and exits. But this year of all years technical indicators aren't always correct either. Im trying to be happy with the money I've made and concentrate less on the money I missed...but that can be so tough.
Do you trade as your job or on the side?

Back