• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Look out below. If it gives up all of yesterday's gains, that's a bad sign for the near term. Will probably head back toward $3-$4.
Not gonna happen ? buuuut, even if it did that is not the end game and I'd pickup those discounted shares ?

By the way, if anybody wanted my opinion, I would go bearish pretty soon on the market for at least 2 weeks. Just not sure exactly when, but I think we're overdue for a 5-8% correction. Been considering if whether to actually play that opinion or not.

Didn't feel as if it was coming in December though and it may take a little while in January. I think we're basically back in the mode we were in late summer, where it didn't seem as if we'd ever stop running or at least keeping steady, but because the investment bankers are on vacation, there's not enough volume to really see a big move.

Thought Monday might throw my thesis off, but the move during the day changed that idea.

This is why I suck at trading. Because I never know when to take profits and when to hold. The only big $7,000 lick I ever made was when one of my stocks got bought out. And if we’re being honest I was a day or 2 away from selling it before that happened. I’ve sucked ever since. I need help with setting price targets. Point me in the right direction? I haven’t given up any gains since then but haven’t capitalized much either.

The key with short term trading, especially in this market, is to look for catalysts in the hot markets and pick stocks that fit that category. When to sell is always the toughest part but as a rule of thumb, once I am up 25-50% I always take a chunk out or might possibly sell completely out if the chart begins to break down. There are a few plays where I was extremely confident in the catalysts and price targets I knew the stock could reach and I was willing to hold a few weeks until the various catalysts brought it where I wanted. ATVK is an example, bought it around .007s and sold in the .03-.05 area for a pretty substantial gain. Oftentimes with penny stocks they run hard on hype, rumor and speculation and sell off when news hits. With big board stocks they tend to trade a bit differently with the main exception being the "hot" sector for that month, which lately has been EV and covid type plays. HGEN is an example of that, an upcoming covid announcement in January and the stock has surged from $12 to $20 in the past few weeks. I'm holding too since on the chance the approval happens it will surge significantly.

Look out below. If it gives up all of yesterday's gains, that's a bad sign for the near term. Will probably head back toward $3-$4.

See with MVIS if someone sold yesterday in the 7-9 range, they can wait for this dip to bottom out the next few days and buy back in with their profits and get MORE shares or use the extra money for another play to diversify. I get holding longer term but I like playing the rips and dips to get more shares with the money and diversify into other plays.

See with MVIS if someone sold yesterday in the 7-9 range, they can wait for this dip to bottom out the next few days and buy back in with their profits and get MORE shares or use the extra money for another play to diversify. I get holding longer term but I like playing the rips and dips to get more shares with the money and diversify into other plays.
Sell calls against your shares

That's a good strategy. I gotta hold till after the end of the year.

That's a good strategy. I gotta hold till after the end of the year.

Biggest danger with these stocks running on hype/speculation is if things don't get announced on the timeline people expect, or even at all, the stock will crash back down and all those profits will disappear. Hype/spec plays like this can be very lucrative and they are almost entirely what I play right now in the market. Hoping the MVIS rumors end up being true and the buyout happens before end of year!

Yeah I've done a little of that with Microvision but they tend to drop news without warning and then I think, this runup is it and fomo sets in Lol. I've seen a lot stocks that have BO/acquisition, merger speculation and rumors but this really is different. Only way this fails is the offer falls through completely, which to be fair is always a possibility. But the company seeking strategic alternatives, including a BO isn't a rumor that is the stated goal of the CEO and BOD. A goal solidified earlier this year when they hired Craig-Hallum Investment Firm earlier this year to help broker the deal. I honestly think they would've sold by EOY but the LiDAR market heating up and the tech/patents they already have pushed it back and, hopefully, for a much higher valuation.

Yeah I've done a little of that with Microvision but they tend to drop news without warning and then I think, this runup is it and fomo sets in Lol. I've seen a lot stocks that have BO/acquisition, merger speculation and rumors but this really is different. Only way this fails is the offer falls through completely, which to be fair is always a possibility. But the company seeking strategic alternatives, including a BO isn't a rumor that is the stated goal of the CEO and BOD. A goal solidified earlier this year when they hired Craig-Hallum Investment Firm earlier this year to help broker the deal. I honestly think they would've sold by EOY but the LiDAR market heating up and the tech/patents they already have pushed it back and, hopefully, for a much higher valuation.

Let’s be honest, this was the biggest head fake of the year by a tech stock. Back under $6 today, and back to $4 by EOY. I got greedy, took my gains, then bought back in at 8.97 out of stupidity. Lost it all and more.

Jumped back into NKLA today on that sub $14 dip. Roll of the dice. Now give Jimmy some good PR!

Let’s be honest, this was the biggest head fake of the year by a tech stock. Back under $6 today, and back to $4 by EOY. I got greedy, took my gains, then bought back in at 8.97 out of stupidity. Lost it all and more.
You haven't lost if you didn't sell, though. Only ended up down $0.10 on the day. Not bad.

@metwannabe what are your reddit, 8chan, 8kuhn, magic 8ball sources saying?

You haven't lost if you didn't sell, though. Only ended up down $0.10 on the day. Not bad.

@metwannabe what are your reddit, 8chan, 8kuhn, magic 8ball sources saying?
Haha I added a few more today, things still look positive, on track and no need to panic. Yesterday appears to be the work of MMs and when I get to a computer I'll share a post from a well respected TA guy on that forum that explain some of it.

@Rain Cold so this was a portion of his numerous post about the Short Sale Halt, MMs and manipulating the price and why holding is key. Man there is so much info over there, good stuff, I just don't fully understand it all

Trading Action - Thursday, 12/24/2020
by Sweetinnj in MVIS

[–]T_Delo 47 points 12 hours ago
Good morning everyone!
Yesterday's action has been detailed to have happened under a Short Halt, short sale circuit breaker deploys an uptick rule keeping shorting restricted to only being on the ask side. The activity was detailed for what it was in my thread on the Short Halt for December 23rd, 2020. With that knowledge, we know today cannot be shorted into the bid today either, downward movement is either again a long position trying to scare others and accumulate more, or more likely a Market Maker attempting to resolve a short position or accumulate themselves. Either way, it is not a result of the stock being in a bad position or anything negative for us at all, just hold and wait because the price will ascend again.
The efforts of the attack on the share price yesterday appeared to have hit a wall in the mid 6 range, and the price is ascending a bit in premarket. Moving forward we should see either a flat day that tries to continue the repression of the buying interests and volume, or the price surges against that suppression and we move back to the previous height. Premarket volumes are already fairly high, and the interest has not wavered. With profits from a day trade on another stock yesterday, I will again be buying some more today at these discounts.
Nearby pivot points above right now are at 7.47, 7.82, 8.33, 8.74, and 9.27 above from the volumes traded at these recent ranges. Father points above go all the way up over $11. Pivots that are close below are currently at 6.71, 6.30, 5.77, and 5.24. Deep below is largely irrelevant as if it dips below that there is going to be insane amounts of buying going on. Relative distance from the EMA trading range is a major buy signal on a massively oversold stock with no known true issues and only a bearish short article of recent note.
Today's shares available to borrow on the IBKR are currently 1,100,00, showing that indeed yesterday's move was about covering a short position of the market maker. My expectation is that the stock price either moves flat today, or starts it's recovery and move upward by end of day. It largely depends on the volume of buying interests here and whether the market maker now redeploys those shares to try to keep the price in check or not. Remember everyone, trade or invest smart, do not allow some entity to take your shares for less than they are worth.

Have FIII at $11.50...SPAC that will merge with ELMS in Q1.

For you dog lovers I also like STIC, SPAC merging with bark box. I bought yesterday at $15 and sold at $18.60 this morning. I will buy back in if it dips below $16.

Check out the investor presentations, they look solid

0B4537B2-D919-41CA-967A-BA6A84938D9D.png91AF3D2E-BD4A-4B45-8DB8-1BC0445A71CA.png

As for MVIS...bounce off the 8dema. Two day rest after big run up and also filled the gap. It’s been riding the 8dema for this past few weeks. I haven’t touched this in sometime but the Apple EV has ignited many names. But with Hindenburgs short attack on MVIS it might cool this off even more.

C912DAB7-CEF7-4740-8099-E37B7CF212B6.png

Back