• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

This market. ?

Sold all of VUZI at $14 from roughly $10 avg. probably going higher but it’s enough for me

BF20988D-41DC-4829-9A59-43B3CEA858C8.png

You would think that this move by TSLA would mean that SPX and NDX was able to trade the records they set in futures...but that answer is no because a lot of the big guns in the NDX had issues today (and I just checked and I do believe the final push didn't do it here in NDX)...and in the case of at least one of them, if not two, I'm suspicious that a long/short fund that was long Google/and maybe Amazon and short TSLA got caught with their pants down on TSLA.

Like Google has been acting poorly outside of a few days for a while...but it usually only does something like this on a price downgrade or news...yet there was nothing...the weird thing is that apparently options didn't really move on this move...at least I have some small cap exposure for today (although most not in the account that I hold Google).

Haha…should have held VUZI for about 20 mins more. ?‍♂️

this market is so insane

4632D3C9-7463-40CD-9DC0-01343C74B3EF.jpeg

Missed XBI again. Was looking at it Friday and lost track of it but It’s running

FFA5619C-E1BA-4C58-A21B-FDF28EE1D65B.jpeg

Man alt season is going to be fire . She's ready to blow . Gonna be a wild 4-8 weeks
3b3cfcb3b761202eaa50e7f76bc7163c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's becoming very difficult to stay fully invested in this market....this isn't normal but has been happening again and again since covid. The piper will have to be paid for this at some point...

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 10.38.52 AM.png

$IWM still looks great, rejected past couple of days at ATH...$234.5. Would really like one more pullback to $230'ish. Typically these will give a head fake breakout only to breakout a few days later.

Measure move says $260 is the target if it can breakout. Unless the Fed just pees in our cornflakes tomorrow I think that happens.

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 5.48.07 PM.png

Man alt season is going to be fire . She's ready to blow . Gonna be a wild 4-8 weeks
3b3cfcb3b761202eaa50e7f76bc7163c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are so many nice looking patterns in the little guys. I like $LINKUSD and $ATOMUSD, those are my bigger positions. I had $QNT but that didn't work and cost me money. I don't know enough of the details on any of these, just trading the charts.

$SOLUSD looks like it's about to breakout to ATH's...I had it from $160'ish and got stopped out when it gave up $200 last week and never went back to it.

Zillow with just a disaster of earnings. Down 20% on the day.

I knew that business model was suspect. Basically blindly buying homes from people in hopes of reselling for small profit. Hard to do that on a large scale.

I think IWM is only up as much as it is because the meme stocks have skyrocketed today.

I would certainly not characterize this behavior as risk off caliber behavior, but it does make me nervous. Gonna stick with my plan though with small caps.

So, my guess would be that the Fed will announce tapering today at or near the rate that they projected in the minutes that we saw for September. Also wouldn't be surprised if the "transitory inflation" narrative is laid aside for some different wording.

Market won't like that, but the initial move will turn out to be wrong by next week.

Had we not had the rally that we had, I would've actually been on the side of a surprise rally off the tapering announcement...but the S&P being up more than 7% since early last month and the VIX being in the mid-teens makes me think pullback even if you don't see something truly surprising (like a hard stop to QE). Just temporary though.

Edit: Or maybe we're just going to see what we normally have during FOMC meetings, pop and then drop after Powell is done speaking. Seen this script too many times...I'm frankly dubious that the S&P stays positive...if it does stay in positive territory, it probably won't be as high as it is now.

Last edited:

Market straight up. We’ve seen some parabolic runs in the market past 18 months but you would still get a red day here or there in those runs. Not now…no red days anymore.

38996B99-7C64-4D63-A798-CA0A0AEAC022.png

Back