• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

I had went more cash a couple of weeks ago, mainly at the expense of tech but I started scaling back in past few days when the Q’s reclaimed the 100dma. Still in 50% cash but planning on moving to 70-80% especially if tomorrow can hold $316. $324 has been a big pivot past couple of months. If Q’s can get over that it could be a retest of ATH. I started big positions in AMD and MWK past couple of days. AMD has been able to hold $74 for several months now.

577F6CB1-6145-4296-9C9C-4893A908FEAE.jpeg

FUTU almost gave me a heart attack past couple of weeks. I started a position at $130 last week at the 50dma. It kept selling off, so I added more $120...”buy the dip” they say.
Well it kept going down probably due to the China sucks news...it was down at $100 and I was about to take a big loss but I doubled down at $105. Needless to say I avoided bankruptcy and sold everything mid $150’s today. It looks really good still but my heart can’t take that again.

5DCDEF57-00FC-4DC1-A935-282D26577139.png

After reading through "the everything short" on r/GME, that's the last time I go there, lol.

- I'm actually fully aware that the bond market has seen a lot of shorting lately but at least for now, that's meaningless. That's actually apparently likely to get burned soon, because there are apparently going to be bond bids in the first half of April.

- There's no reason for GME to see a massive squeeze right now. You're going to need a catalyst for it, otherwise the hedge funds can just sit and chill.

- Pretty sure that there is a hedge fund version of Citadel and a Citadel the market maker and both aren't the same thing.

But I will add to the final point, if "Citadel the market maker" is doing this and they get blown up, it's the Lehman Brothers of 2021.

Anyway, unless something interrupts the regime, volatility is likely to die next month (not that it hasn't already been dying at times of late), which is going to lead to a melt up for at least one week, if not through to the week of options expiring.

Sold my measly 200 shares at $19.20. That was right at resistance...I would love for a gap down tomorrow as I would buy the dip.

I think $17 would be a good spot to try again. It had a big candle in early Feb and then sold off $5/share before going again. I don't think this drops much more than $16 with the news that just came out and the speculation. But, when I have a stock move from $12-$19 into resistance I take profits.

The hourly chart shows it battling the purple trend line...which is the breakout.

View attachment 80989

$MVIS bounced perfectly at support in pre-market...$16.40. I started back up with 500 shares at $16.50. Unless the market starts selling off I don't see this dropping much past $16. This was almost $14/share before the news.

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 9.02.34 AM.png

Met, RainCold - you guys selling your MVIS yet?
I have scaled most of mine off in the mid teens. But I still have 1000 shares with a basis of $1.43. I have made more than enough profit on the shares I sold that I'm comfortable letting that ride until buyout or until it goes to zero. I mean if it comes out that the whole thing is a fraud, then I'll sell, but I like their tech and think they are on a much better path than they were before.

All I'm focused on right now is trying to find some 2020-2021 Prizm basketball cards. Anybody local have any contacts that work at Target lol?

The VIX (volatility) ended up finishing up -10.67% today. Inject that straight into my veins.

It feels like volatility really is on the edge of dying completely here for at least a little while. Apparently these kinds of moves can also be dangerous though, as less and less people are hedging, but unless something happens in the next couple days, it looks possible you see a December-February 2020 or 2017 style market for at least a short period.

Last edited:
Remember when a few of us owned $CPE at the bottom last spring/summer? Now it's $40/share and looking like it's going to head higher...nice flag.

I just finished my taxes last week and looked at this...I had 5400 shares at one point, pre-reverse split....so that would have been 540 shares with this chart. My cost was $3400 and at Thursday's close this would have been worth $22k.

It still doesn't have MVIS beat...I also owned 5000 shares of MVIS back in early May that I purchased for $.80 and sold for $1.05. That would be worth $75k today. When it was $24/share it was worth $120k.

Geez, I suck so bad. In all fairness, I did have some great trades, bought $NKLA at $21 and sold at $73....bought $GAN at $17, and sold at $25. I bought $VRM IPO at $44 and sold at $59. All three of those are lower now.

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.36.51 AM.png

So far it looks like I made another good call (although I'm not sure I did on here) that semis would be one of the major role players in helping the Nasdaq if it could stabilize and rally.

Guess what? So far my silly self has failed to take further advantage on this call (as I do have a pile of AVGO shares but I was looking to try to get at least one more semiconductor). It's not that I didn't try to (well, maybe I didn't because I put in a buy order that turned out to be unreasonable and had too many semi names in my mind...still do btw lol), it's that the late March pullback turned out to be weaker across the board than I thought it'd be, and semis largely held up during that.

Futures strong on strong Friday jobs report!

Edit: Markets are up 1% on the strong jobs report.

Last edited:
Markets now up ~1.5% with Dow and S&P in record high territory!

Today the Nasdaq-100 filled the February 22nd gap down. Might cool off here but if it doesn't an all time high attempt is near here as well and ****, it could honestly happen in a couple days, remember what we saw early last month after that tantrum on March 4th with the Dow? (it went from the 30.5's during that tantrum intraday to up for 7 straight days and the upper 32's)

Presented without comment:

NDX from the March 8th closing low: +10.6%

.IXIC (which also includes small-cap tech): +8.7%

Last edited:
Probably the craziest thing I did was start a position last week in Tesla when it bounced off the 150dma at $593. I did sell half on Thursday at $670 as I was worried they would come in light for deliveries but the best. Added a little back today.

6ED5CAD8-7A48-4B2C-B377-7CE314D2E65B.png

Back