• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Rate hikes, QE ending and Fed saying they want to start QT on their $9T balance sheet is a recipe for a lot more selling than we've seen. The market is so manic right now.
You ain't just whistlin' Dixie ... it's a recipe, already in the oven, for some very rough times ... and I'm being kind in the adjective ...

... add to that energy (or lack of it), Eastern Europe, social unrest ...

This market is a total clown show...nothing but sell pressure all day, tech got hammered, down 4%. AMZN raises prices so it shoots up 20% and lifts tech up 2%. These are indexes and are trading like meme stocks...

View attachment 112636
Biggest intraday swings the last couple weeks since 08'. We know how that turned out.
Made 300% on SPY puts today. Thank God I closed them. Looking at upcoming semi earnings.

Yup ... I have a masters in Econ and read some tea leaves ... and no big gains but no real losses on the big downturns ... and this thing is gonna pop like a balloon ...

Im a very longterm (multidecadal) well diversified mainly passive equities investor who rarely ever tries to time the market and with only about 35% in equities. So, my equities risk isn’t overly high by any means. I have enough faith in the American economy based on many decades of records to invest that much now. The risk is low enough to allow me to sleep peacefully.

My Amazon $3055 2/18 calls are gonna rip face at open . I'm dumping them quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Niiice. Those were about 5600 at close, unless my math is off those should be over 15k at open unless something drastic happens before open. Balls of steel buying those, even a 10% gain on earnings you probably would have been IV crushed.

Niiice. Those were about 5600 at close, unless my math is off those should be over 15k at open unless something drastic happens before open. Balls of steel buying those, even a 10% gain on earnings you probably would have been IV crushed.

Jobs report tomorrow am could be ugly . Amazon might slide sub $3100 before the bell . Joe not cause I wanna dump them at open

Eh it's back to where it was 2 weeks ago. Not that crazy.
It is in the space of one session. It's not a penny stock. Like over the course of a month or so, sure. But a mature company like Amazon that beats lowball estimates shouldn't be up 20% after the announcement. It speaks to the mania that we're seeing across the market. Eventually will end badly.

It is in the space of one session. It's not a penny stock. Like over the course of a month or so, sure. But a mature company like Amazon that beats lowball estimates shouldn't be up 20% after the announcement. It speaks to the mania that we're seeing across the market. Eventually will end badly.

Tesla has been the same way over the last few weeks . NOT comparing the two companies . Just going off your point. Large caps have been trading like Penny stocks since the first of the year . I have penny stocks that move less than 5 percent on 150 million plus volume yet Amazon and Tesla have massive intraday swings now

Yea it might have just been oversold. It was at 4k a couple months ago. I do think it will continue to bleed for the foreseeable future. Hopefully for @Storm5 it opens at where it is now. If it drops down to 3k by open (still up 200+ from close) his calls will be crushed.

Yea it might have just been oversold. It was at 4k a couple months ago. I do think it will continue to bleed for the foreseeable future. Hopefully for @Storm5 it opens at where it is now. If it drops down to 3k by open (still up 200+ from close) his calls will be crushed.

My luck it opens sub $3k guess we will see

Payrolls are going to miss tomorrow, but that could turn into a bad news is good news type deal, especially if CPI starts rolling over (and although it might seem unlikely that it does since Crude has been shooting to the moon, Crude isn't the only story inflation wise).

I do expect a hike in March, but 7 in one year is going to likely be a fairy tale.

It should happen, but does it mean it will happen?

Payrolls are going to miss tomorrow, but that could turn into a bad news is good news type deal, especially if CPI starts rolling over (and although it might seem unlikely that it does since Crude has been shooting to the moon, Crude isn't the only story inflation wise).

I do expect a hike in March, but 7 in one year is going to likely be a fairy tale.

It should happen, but does it mean it will happen?
Is this a riddle?

Back