• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

my life savings arein msft since they are buying activision/blizz

Bought some IWM today at just over $200....added more SPY last night in the $430's. Was mostly cash and now about 20%. A flush from here is going to leave a mark...much worse than missing this coastal on Saturday.

Someone shut Powell up...he is essentially putting on a show on how to tank the markets.

I actually can't believe that the NDX threw away what appeared to almost be a 3% jump at the highest...I jokingly said at another place while we were seeing some ups and downs that this was going to be the time that it threw away the kind of gap up it saw finally because people wised up and covered their shorts before what we usually see with the statement, which is the "drop our hedges effect" (this appears to be true now), but at about 12 PM-1 PM, it looked as if this was going to be that FOMC I remember where we went into it higher and maintained the gains. Instead, it looks like the June FOMC last year where everything economically connected got trashed.

Not happy that I called it, more disgusted. It was going to be a really nice day for me. Was.

Although I kinda thought that something like this would happen tomorrow anyway. Maybe Tesla prints a beat, and the focus turns back to earnings, because Google was having its best day in forever on the proxy effect to Microsoft.

Looks like last night was Asia's turn for the margin clerk, like Monday and Tuesday morning was about the margin clerk for the US.

I don't really have any confidence that this holds though.

Now that SPY is under the 200SMA, and keeps banging it's head against it, I'm not going long in anything until that scenario changes.

Retesting the low from Monday is basically the last shot for IWM, if it fails, there is officially nothing until $165-170 (the Pfizer day gap from 2020), and everything is going with it.

Looked like large caps were going to try to ignore them for a change for a day earlier today but that failed, the drag from IWM sucking wind is really hurting everything.

It hurts that I didn't sell AEO, and I probably should've sold VICI too considering that IWM has nothing.

I don't think that's our lows on the year but this was really over sold.

sc-1.pngsc.png

Short cover Friday so far...with a twist this time, every pop is getting sold into.

I'm having serious doubts that Monday was actually a panic low for the time being. If it was a panic low, one of the pops that happened on Wednesday or yesterday would have held and the short cover bounce today (which was started with short covering on Tesla), wouldn't be having a hard time holding.

Edit: Yeah, Monday was not a panic low, if the Nasdaq was ready to rally, it would not have thrown away what's likely to be 3 big attempted bounces now.

Last edited:
Back