• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

I know many are going to LOVE hearing this, but…what happened in the past 5 days may have been enough to cause the Fed to go with one 25 bps hike in March…and say that we’ll be “data dependent” for more, including being data dependent on QT.

They waited so long that if they were to go at it the way some think they will, or at least should, that they’d be really tightening into a slowing economy, as the economic data has been rolling over of late, and projections suggest that the PMIs are not going to be all that great this year.

And I just bought Ally on Friday last week…lol…I likely just bought a bank into what could be a growth scare. Half position though.

I think they wouldn't mind a drawdown, but the Fed probably doesn't want chaos, and we were dancing with the idea of chaos happening during the lunch hour today. I'm not well versed there at all, but I would imagine if things continued to go down the drain fast (or resume that continuation), things such as credit would get messed up, and they would have to backpedal.

Back