• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

It's really amazing that outside of a global catastrophic event, you don't even get a regular 10% correction anymore. Just a couple percent and to the moon.

Also, people are still shoveling money into their retirement accounts every week so that money has to go somewhere. And since covid started we have had an army of retail traders that aggressively buy every dip, they have zero fear and until that changes it's hard for me to imagine a big 20% correction anytime soon.

$IWM still one of my bigger holdings into Q4. Reclaimed all the moving averages today and been strong, breakout is $230 but that has been rejected many times over past 6 months....but if it can get through then it could get fun.

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 11.24.50 AM.png

Started ADBE yesterday for first time. It’s valuation is still high even with this big sell off but it’s such a great company. Was hoping for a pullback to the 50wma but so was everyone else it looks like and buyers jumped in.

Weekly chart.

DF0B6E55-1272-42A6-844A-052DFFCFD602.png

Zillow scares me. I don't know how much they are doing this but the amount of money they offered me for my house was insane. That could end badly if housing market drops

Definitely, housing prices have skyrocketed, along with everything else. I had 2 people bang on my door over the summer wanting to buy my house, never seen that before.

This guy is a good follow on twitter, great at looking at macro for markets...highlighting how tight small caps are getting.

Looks like the debt ceiling deal may be falling apart. They do not yet have 10 Republican votes to pass the deal. 11 days until we default.
Did you put a tarp over your house so you can claim victory about not getting a single drop of rain?

What the heck kind of close is that...inverted hammer right above a big gap up...?‍♂️

sc.png

Looks like the debt ceiling deal may be falling apart. They do not yet have 10 Republican votes to pass the deal. 11 days until we default.

It's still baffling to me that our govt is so flippant about just increasing the debt limit....while Biden is trying to push a $3T infrastructure package.

Why even have a limit, it will get increased, Bidens infra. package will get approved eventually, the debt our country will rack up will be never ending. All the while the Fed is pumping trillions and has rates stuck at 0% forever. :oops:

Baffling might not be the right word...more like scary.

Retail weakness isn’t going away. #inflation

Target could do no wrong with multiple stimulus last year and now it can’t catch a bid.

B49650CB-6486-45E8-917F-637B94EE1C4E.png

It's still baffling to me that our govt is so flippant about just increasing the debt limit....while Biden is trying to push a $3T infrastructure package.

Why even have a limit, it will get increased, Bidens infra. package will get approved eventually, the debt our country will rack up will be never ending. All the while the Fed is pumping trillions and has rates stuck at 0% forever. :oops:

Baffling might not be the right word...more like scary.
This kind of behavior is no different than basic criminal behavior or a child's behavior. When you do something that you know is wrong or shady but it benefits you, and you experience no consequences for it, you do it again and again, as long as two things remain in place: 1) It continues to benefit you and 2) You remain consequence-free.

The outcome of the above leads to more brazen behavior - while you used to sneak and do it, you are more flippant and less cautious, because you are less worried about any negative repercussions.

This is exactly what we're seeing. For well over a decade, there have been no consequences to runaway spending and massive debt accumulation. Central banks have "got it" and MMT provides a psychological safety net.

One day, it will absolutely crash and burn. But you better believe they are going to swing for the fences right up until the very end. When the consequences come, it will be too late...and they will be severe.

By the way, like you noted above, nice gravestone doji to end the day!

This kind of behavior is no different than basic criminal behavior or a child's behavior. When you do something that you know is wrong or shady but it benefits you, and you experience no consequences for it, you do it again and again, as long as two things remain in place: 1) It continues to benefit you and 2) You remain consequence-free.

The outcome of the above leads to more brazen behavior - while you used to sneak and do it, you are more flippant and less cautious, because you are less worried about any negative repercussions.

This is exactly what we're seeing. For well over a decade, there have been no consequences to runaway spending and massive debt accumulation. Central banks have "got it" and MMT provides a psychological safety net.

One day, it will absolutely crash and burn. But you better believe they are going to swing for the fences right up until the very end. When the consequences come, it will be too late...and they will be severe.

By the way, like you noted above, nice gravestone doji to end the day!

Agreed 100%. It's very scary.

Accidentally overnighted 300 shares of MVIS. Please God no offering
You survived, no offering haha. They've only used half the money from the last offering, so should be good for a while, although they just took on additional office space in Redmond and have been ramping up staffing pretty dramatically (33 positions currently posted) so they may run through fairly quick. Sure would love to see a partnership and/or customers real soon

In the past 12 hours the govt has increased our parabolic debt limit, we got poor jobs numbers this morning, the Fed is pumping trillions into the economy and has rates set to 0% because the economy is so fragile. You would think our market would be 20% off ATH's but no....it's just ripping higher this morning. Is it just me or is our markets just a house of cards....it makes no sense. But,, all it does is go higher and a year from now your money would have earned 20%. ?‍♂️

In the past 12 hours the govt has increased our parabolic debt limit, we got poor jobs numbers this morning, the Fed is pumping trillions into the economy and has rates set to 0% because the economy is so fragile. You would think our market would be 20% off ATH's but no....it's just ripping higher this morning. Is it just me or is our markets just a house of cards....it makes no sense. But,, all it does is go higher and a year from now your money would have earned 20%. ?‍♂️
House of cards. I'm pulling out the day before it collapses.

Back