• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Jumped in CATV today. Let’s see what she do. I sell when you sell. ?

Bought 500k today at .0215. I'm holding the vast majority of my shares until EOY. Should see this one initially rise after the company announces their new name from 4Cable TV to something that fits their growing cannabis business.

I think today's moves in the ten year yield and oil are the wrong ones but what do I know...

Like maybe Europe is going to lock down because of Delta but there's too many people in the US that are sick of COVID.

I hopped off the TNX to 2% soon bandwagon but I'd prefer that thing stabilize for the time being instead of what it did today so far and Friday.

At another place I said that it felt like to me that QQQ was about out of steam.

And what does it do...set a record high in the after hours that will have to trade in regular trading hours.

Lol

I didn't think it was out of steam forever, but I felt that maybe it'd pull back just a little before the underlying index (Nasdaq-100) tries for 15k.

Didn't take long for the S&P to make this its 9th straight month with a new record high.

This streak will definitely end at some point but while it's going on, it's insane.

This year probably simply ends up going down in history as a slightly more volatile version of 2013 or 2017 the way it's been going for the US major averages. I wasn't paying attention then even though I had an interest in the way stocks worked (despite that, I've been told that my dad/grandpa occasionally fought to try to get my attention but they failed) but from what I've seen in reading, there are shades of those years overall in the market.

What could be going on is it could be a faster version of late 2016-2018, with a move like late 2018 coming in the latter half of the year, since we already saw the Bitcoin move that happened a few years back happen again (the first pop in the Bitcoin bubble happened in early 2018 and stocks got hit hard later that year). That's one way to make it different, otherwise my opinion is no different than it has been, which is that a reckoning that is like 2018 will happen sometime next year. Taper tantrum, uncertainty with government moves, etc...

Probably no crash though.

Grabbed some SDOW at the close just for ----- and giggles. This doesn’t look too good.41B1E1D3-8CD6-431F-90AB-86ADEE19A34C.png

Since the breakdown two weeks ago failed, that's arguably a long term bull flag in the Dow actually that has targets that would make many pass out if it played out (invalidates below the 32500's).

The problem with that however is we don't know who's lying between it and smalls/transports...although what smalls have done has generally not mattered to anything, so it may be mainly the transports. The Dow had an all time closing high today and isn't far from its ATH, but the transports are further away.

I'm not going to try, but playing SQQQ for a day is going to probably work fairly soon.

NDX is a runaway freight train atm that is giving me flashbacks of last summer, but even then there were times where it got overheated and dropped quite a bit in one day. My hunch is that will probably happen at some point and it may be soon because I'm starting to feel like how I did before that mid-February-early March correction happened (although I'm not looking for something like that to possibly happen again yet).

This index is simply unreal when it wants to be.

Back