• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

If I see another drop later today under $15 I might move some money around and grab another 250.

Edit: Not doing too bad on my average cost per share. Even with 250 @ $14.25 my average per share is still under $8

Didn't post this on here but like I figured, I think your more Dow type stocks/cyclicals are done for a bit. Makes perfect sense, fantastic run by the Dow after it had poked under 30k briefly in late January.

Something like this could get shielded a bit if yields chilled like they were chilling in January (as it didn't look great for a couple weeks in January after it hit 31k for the first time but tech was rallying so it didn't get smashed until the GME frenzy), if not, it wouldn't surprise me if it traveled back there.

The thing that's funny is there's a big gap around 29k that it just hasn't cared about. Dow 30k+ and largely holding for several weeks is honestly crazy since it's more weighted to recovery type stocks.

But that goes to show, the stock market likes to price in things that they think are going to occur, and I honestly would agree with this move. It's a move that's pricing in a country that's going to be basically very close to fully normal later this year.

The fed didn’t even let spy touch support. They bought it up at 378 and said “ok that’s enough”

Yields have gone completely haywire and the Dow absolutely can't handle it even though it's well off its session lows. They may now be puking too fast if it holds, which might hit everything outside of tech (edit: which would eventually drag tech too).

Took some profits earlier with PLTR. Nice little pop from my entry all things considered. This market is just a bit weird for me right now. Hard to ignore what’s happening globally especially with Asian markets right now. If I would have taken the time to create some grounded long positions last year on the way up I wouldn’t feel so inclined to get in and out do quick. Oh well. Tough learning curve. Just a student of the game for now.

That last two minutes was likely big funds rebalancing into bonds, and to force a close that'd keep everybody guessing on what March will bring, like what happened in the last week of January. Right at major support in both cases.

Do they pull that +200 nonsense in SPX again? Not sure that it's possible this time as a lot of growth names aren't in good shape at all. NDX as a whole is likely going to need a consolidation period. Which is fine, we saw how that ended up playing out recently.

If they test 377 and it bounces, I'm thinking choppy with an up bias, but if it fails...

365 is in play soon.

Took some profits earlier with PLTR. Nice little pop from my entry all things considered. This market is just a bit weird for me right now. Hard to ignore what’s happening globally especially with Asian markets right now. If I would have taken the time to create some grounded long positions last year on the way up I wouldn’t feel so inclined to get in and out do quick. Oh well. Tough learning curve. Just a student of the game for now.
Sold a 26.5 pltr put this week. I will be a proud owner of 100 shares at 25.5 basis monday morning. Unfortunately they are only worth 24 currently ?.

That last two minutes was likely big funds rebalancing into bonds, and to force a close that'd keep everybody guessing on what March will bring, like what happened in the last week of January. Right at major support in both cases.

Do they pull that +200 nonsense in SPX again? Not sure that it's possible this time as a lot of growth names aren't in good shape at all. NDX as a whole is likely going to need a consolidation period. Which is fine, we saw how that ended up playing out recently.

If they test 377 and it bounces, I'm thinking choppy with an up bias, but if it fails...

365 is in play soon.
Monday always green... until it's not

Tesla is -23.24% after January 8th, holy **** I didn't realize it was that bad.

That may be a sign though that whatever goes on with them is potentially brush off-able by the S&P 500.

I’d love Tesla under $500. I think the true value is around there. These prices are absurd. ARK and Cathie Wood hype should cool off a little more too. I like her stuff but everyone needs to calm down a bit. Tech should cool off more next week, good buy opportunities but I don’t even think of these as discounts, they’re more like prices set in reality, haha.

We can’t keep going like this. Bubble has to
burst. This is unsustainable. The last time we got vertical like this was during the dot com bubble. I think we’re in trouble soon.CCE17D03-54E3-43B5-A443-49BABA9C649D.png

Back