• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

lol this is why I’m sitting here watching people make money, and not doing it myself ?

You'd have to get an account that allows option trading. The easier way to short the market is buying inverse etf's. While risky themselves, they are not as complicated as options. Keep in mind, most people will tell you not to hold these overnight or use as an investment tool. (even though tons do!) They are supposed to be used as a hedge along with your other investments.

This will get you started:

I'll tell you that I plan to start going the other way soon though. Dollar cost averaging TQQQ to the bottom and back.

Man! I bet some people made a killing already this morning selling put options and short selling. Wow. It pays to know wtf you’re doing when playing with the stock market. And I do not...yet

Very dangerous right now trying to time that. We will get a big bounce sometime this week. If Trump comes in and provides a significant monetary stimulus there is no telling how market reacts.

Reality is there will most likely be millions of job lost over the next few months...barring some miracle. And that is just in the US.

Very dangerous right now trying to time that. We will get a big bounce sometime this week. If Trump comes in and provides a significant monetary stimulus there is no telling how market reacts.

Reality is there will most likely be millions of job lost over the next few months...barring some miracle. And that is just in the US.
Has he not already done 3 stimulus already? Eventually you can’t do another stimulus. We are already at 0% interest

Has he not already done 3 stimulus already? Eventually you can’t do another stimulus. We are already at 0% interest

They've done 2. They are working on a 3rd now.

The FED has taken their own steps. QE and lowering of rates twice recently to historic lows.

You have the keep the FED separate from what the White House and Congress are doing.

You'd have to get an account that allows option trading. The easier way to short the market is buying inverse etf's. While risky themselves, they are not as complicated as options. Keep in mind, most people will tell you not to hold these overnight or use as an investment tool. (even though tons do!) They are supposed to be used as a hedge along with your other investments.

This will get you started:

I'll tell you that I plan to start going the other way soon though. Dollar cost averaging TQQQ to the bottom and back.
DCA is something I’m doing right now. It’s a relatively easy concept to grasp. It’s impossible to go all in at the very bottom so averaging it out over weeks/months get you a good average stock price.

He really hasn’t done anything yet. Fed lowering rates again was a Hail Mary and did nothing but incite panic. The Fed will pump liquidity into the markets but Trump will do something else. This is just my opinion but he will announce something this week to try and save jobs and businesses. Something massive.

Free money to everyone is getting closer. Hello inflation.

Bank stocks are down 50% and leading the way down. Dow is down 25%. No one is buying US treasurey notes.
Banks are in trouble folks. We live in a false economy. Commodities are all down. The Fed has shot all it has. No one is buying things, world economy is consumer driven.
My biggest fear isnt the corona bug,its the panic that im afraid is about to take the unthinkable last step. Run on cash.

Banks have to have everything they have in cash reserve minimum 10%. Everyone knows that. Last night the Fed lifted that restriction. They reduced the 10 % ratio to 0 folks.

Bank stocks are down 50% and leading the way down. Dow is down 25%. No one is buying US treasurey notes.
Banks are in trouble folks. We live in a false economy. Commodities are all down. The Fed has shot all it has. No one is buying things, world economy is consumer driven.
My biggest fear isnt the corona bug,its the panic that im afraid is about to take the unthinkable last step. Run on cash.
We have lived in a false economy for a very long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually could see this coming.... even I considered it, I know it's stupid thing to do and I'm not (yet) but thought of having to pay the bank to keep my money or earning 0%, well what's the point of it being in the bank. Some people will start to think that and act on it

The cashless society is upon us folks. Thats my take. How do you explain commodities dropping faster than stocks.

I don't see that. We just have to quarantine, etc. and slow this thing down. As long as there is hope (vaccines) and the mortality rate is low for under 60 we'll get through this.

The cashless society is upon us folks. Thats my take. How do you explain commodities dropping faster than stocks.

Soybeans and copper aren't dropping faster than stocks though. Yes, commodities are dropping due to reduced demand but I'm not seeing it totally out of whack.

What does this mean? Im still processing it. The US dollar has been our greatest assett for decades. We will loose alot of leverage and trust me alot of foreign entities would love nothing more. Is this the trigger that drives everyone to a one world currency? Markets collapsing all across the world.

Im just thinking out loud, not a finance guru. Just observing whats going on.

The US and European stock markets have actually stabilized and come off the lows pretty nicely at least for the moment.

Example: London (FTSE) had been down to -525 but is now down only 310.

Dow has come back 900.

Last edited:
Markets shut down, have triggers to save them. Will they shut down banks for a brief time?

Back