• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

The US and European stock markets have actually stabilized and come off the lows pretty nicely at least for the moment.

Example: London (FTSE) had been down to -525 but is now down only 310.

Dow has come back 900.

The S&P hit 2402 and came back. That's the resistance point I've been posting on here and linked articles to. It really doesn't want to drop below that. If we see it somehow get below 2300 then watch out.

If I'm within 5 years of retirement I'm getting mostly out on the next green day.

So any brave soul wanna guess at todays closing number....gonna rally or cliff dive that last 15 mins or so...

S&P touched 2445. You can tell it's terrified to go much below there. Same with the NASDAQ under 7000.

If it's down 8.5% - 9% now then I can see it dropping back down to 11% - 11.5%. A lot of folks don't want to be holding the bag overnight.

Michael O’Rourke, chief market strategist at JonesTrading:

“They blew it. The Fed panicked and the market is spooked. The S&P 500 registered all time highs less than a month ago and the Fed has expended all its conventional and unconventional tools. The key takeaway will be that they have truly expended all of their ammunition and this is the action of a central bank that is scared.”

Back