• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Dow is still down 10% for the week, but it could have been much, much worse.

My portfolio just went ham! I should have thrown more into the furnace today. Got to crawl before you can walk though. My petrol stock is up 25% in two days and draft kings climbed $1/share in the last hour ?? all down hill from here ?

Check that out:

Strategists say the market purge is not over, though it could be closer to a bottom, with some expecting the S&P 500 to fall through 2,400 before it finds a floor.

Just checked the number on Ventas and needless to say, holy ****.

I had a bad feeling for a while, and honestly probably should've placed a stop loss at 40 myself and sold it at periods that were ages ago. I've had enough and I'm probably going to place one that's a little lower than the number (well, maybe I will wait a little longer, but it needs to go) it's at because I don't think this one is going to recover for a very long time if it does. It just keeps getting crushed. Even has on recent good days.

Gonna add the cruise lines to my watch list and watch them for a while. As I think we're probably over a month from any real beginning stages of a recovery.

The good that came out of it is my dad apologized and said that my feelings were right and his weren't on this stock and I may not have to file taxes next year due to capital loss.

Edit: Gonna sell at 35. This is a company that's not been doing well lately even without COVID, so it was a mistake to hold and wait here. The other 4, I'm going to hold onto. I still feel good about them for the long haul, I just don't feel good about the stock that had been bugging me for a while. It was good and very safe 10+ years ago, and it was held in a portfolio for me that my dad had control of, but in at least 2020 it's not in good shape.

Last edited:
Just checked the number on Ventas and needless to say, holy ****.

I had a bad feeling for a while, and honestly probably should've placed a stop loss at 40 myself and sold it at periods that were ages ago. I've had enough and I'm probably going to place one that's a little lower than the number (well, maybe I will wait a little longer, but it needs to go) it's at because I don't think this one is going to recover for a very long time if it does. It just keeps getting crushed. Even has on recent good days.

Gonna add the cruise lines to my watch list and watch them for a while. As I think we're probably over a month from any real beginning stages of a recovery.

The good that came out of it is my dad apologized and said that my feelings were right and his weren't on this stock and I may not have to file taxes next year due to capital loss.

Edit: Gonna sell at 35. This is a company that's not been doing well lately even without COVID, so it was a mistake to hold and wait here. The other 4, I'm going to hold onto. I still feel good about them for the long haul, I just don't feel good about the stock that had been bugging me for a while. It was good and very safe 10+ years ago, and it was held in a portfolio for me that my dad had control of, but in at least 2020 it's not in good shape.

Icahn's largest short position is commercial REITs, just FYI

Icahn's largest short position is commercial REITs, just FYI

Oh, I actually think Ventas probably recovers, but based off what I know and how I feel, I think this dip for them is going to be at least a year like what happened with the recession. They're in senior living and that's going to be down for a while. So, I'm just going to pull out on a small bounce up because I had already been frustrated for a while there. Luckily that other portfolio, plus dividends is actually going to make it a small gain.

I'm taking no action on anything else and waiting for the panic to calm down. The only other thing that I wish I did was wait to get Delta stocks but I'm just going to hold them. I expect it to recover.

Will Wall Street close by any chance, or is/can most buying/selling done online, so not effected by recommendations to close to prevent the spread?

Lots of state school closings and talks of closings on a larger scale over the weekend. Should see a response from the market tomorrow. Fear. Let’s continue the overselling of valued stocks so jimmy can retire early ? ? ?

Maybe be a good day tomorrow...

March 15 (UPI) -- The Federal Reserve on Sunday cut interest rates to zero on Sunday in response to the COVID-19 outbreak in the United States.

The Federal Market Committee made the decision to lower the target range for the federal funds rate to 0 to 1/4 percent expecting to maintain that target range until it is "confident the economy has weathered" the impact of the coronavirus outbreak."

March 15 (UPI) -- The Federal Reserve on Sunday cut interest rates to zero on Sunday in response to the COVID-19 outbreak in the United States.

The Federal Market Committee made the decision to lower the target range for the federal funds rate to 0 to 1/4 percent expecting to maintain that target range until it is "confident the economy has weathered" the impact of the coronavirus outbreak."

Could also signal how bad it is considering they didn't wait until the meeting.

Given how the market has been lately, I wouldn't wager anything. It could go either way. Either they panic more because it's a surefire sign the economy is headed into a recession, or they go up for a day because of stimulus.

Back