• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

The economic fallout is just starting, literally. We have seen anything yet. The impact to the jobs and wages haven’t been felt yet.

Completely agree . While I think the market will have a positive day tomorrow I don’t think we’ve hit bottom yet. Too many unknowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe be a good day tomorrow...

March 15 (UPI) -- The Federal Reserve on Sunday cut interest rates to zero on Sunday in response to the COVID-19 outbreak in the United States.

The Federal Market Committee made the decision to lower the target range for the federal funds rate to 0 to 1/4 percent expecting to maintain that target range until it is "confident the economy has weathered" the impact of the coronavirus outbreak."

I should be in really good shape to buy that tractor in a few months.

Hope I'm way wrong but prepare for potentially the worst that almost anybody living has ever seen, at least for a short time.

The economic impact of the shutdowns has barely been felt and if they shut basically everything except groceries/walmarts/etc down there's no telling the impacts.

If the Fed wouldn't have artificially propped up the previous administration they'd have more bullets but now all that is left is negative interest rates.

Looks like worse case scenario is possible and this has nothing at all to do with economic cycles.

As an individual that likes saving money instead of spending, negative interest rates scare me. However, a mortgage refi might help offset the downside of it, not sure. I'm no economist

What are the chances they close the market, I mean its been done before or would that just be postponing the inevitable.....

What are the chances they close the market, I mean its been done before or would that just be postponing the inevitable.....
I'd say slim. It may not end up being as bad as it looks right now.

Word on the street is futures are tanking. Do we lose everything we gained Friday tomorrow?

I dunno Feds dump a trillion + dollars into the system and cut rates to zero and we still limit out almost as soon as it opens....not exactly encouraging. Talking full shut down of the country for a few weeks etc....got to think tomorrow is horrible....maybe they rally but cant really see a reason to do so. Then again the way its been the last few weeks who knows...

I would hope there is no chance of that. Would be mass chaos...and that’s an understatement.

Should I be concerned about my savings and money market accounts? Serious question, if rates go negative and banks pass that cost on to their depositors will people contemplate taking their money out of the bank, which obviously causes additional issues?

Hope I'm way wrong but prepare for potentially the worst that almost anybody living has ever seen, at least for a short time.

The economic impact of the shutdowns has barely been felt and if they shut basically everything except groceries/walmarts/etc down there's no telling the impacts.

If the Fed wouldn't have artificially propped up the previous administration they'd have more bullets but now all that is left is negative interest rates.

Looks like worse case scenario is possible and this has nothing at all to do with economic cycles.

Your tune sure is changing from this just a week ago.

All this doom and gloom and oh where are all the test kits and everything else I mean really people; get a grip.

The FLU, yes the FLU, kills way more people.

If this proves to be a true killer pandemic disease then I apologize right now; however it doesn't appear to be so and there's just a bunch of b.s. being thrown around.

Should I be concerned about my savings and money market accounts? Serious question, if rates go negative and banks pass that cost on to their depositors will people contemplate taking their money out of the bank, which obviously causes additional issues?
At this point don't think they'll let banks "take" money, i.e. pass on cost.

People's reactions are a completely different thing, look at what's happening.

Nobody can say for sure, tangible assets are always the best, a home, land, etc.

Hopefully we look back shortly at all this and say whew...

Your tune sure is changing from this just a week ago.

All this doom and gloom and oh where are all the test kits and everything else I mean really people; get a grip.

The FLU, yes the FLU, kills way more people.

If this proves to be a true killer pandemic disease then I apologize right now; however it doesn't appear to be so and there's just a bunch of b.s. being thrown around.
And what's your point? That was relative to the "virus" and not the economy, read and comprehend, maybe I should use single syllable words.

Back