• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Sold ALT and ALDX...Trumps presser about China makes me nervous. Will buy back in on any dip as I like both those stocks.
You may have sold a day too early.Very nice press release this morning on ALT.Sorry couldn't post link but it is available on Yahoo.This one could run a little more.Thanks to all for bringing to my attention.

You may have sold a day too early.Very nice press release this morning on ALT.Sorry couldn't post link but it is available on Yahoo.This one could run a little more.Thanks to all for bringing to my attention.

Going to watch ALT and ALDX and may buy back in this week.

I purchased VTIQ last week at $23.45...this is the company that is planning to merge with Nikola and go public in June. It's at $27 or so now so will probably sell today as I am just not sure how the share price is going to work out after the merger/IPO. But, part of me wants to buy more and hold onto it. Nikola is interesting...hydrogen truck maker, already has several big orders.

I sold VTIQ on Thursday at $29.2 and it's now almost at $33. ?

I really didn't want to sell but felt I had to after a 25% gain. I still think it's going to drop after the IPO and I may buy back in again, but yeah this one hurts.

Thanks for the heads up on AIM Parker. Looks to have some serious financial backing with a lot of upside.

Since I'm really new to this, can someone explain the L2 data on the ask and bid side? I understand what each mean, but what signals does it indicate if you have a large spread or if you have more of one side vs the other? Also, let's say you have a stock with a block of ask's at $5.00 and another block at $5.25. Is there a way to ensure you can buy X number of shares at the $5.00 price vs $5.25? Is there any other data on L2 that would give strong signals that a stock will be moving one way or another? Again, I'm sorry for the uneducated questions, but I'm trying to get a deeper understanding of what I'm seeing when looking at data. Thank you guys for all of your help!

So L2 data gives you a bit of a look at how buy and sell orders are stacking up. If you place a market order it’ll buy them at whatever the ask price is, for example. If you see say 500 shares at $5 and then 10k shares at 5.25 that tells you a lot of people are wanting to sell at the 5.25 price. On the flip side if the bid is 4.75 with 500 shares and then at 4.50 there are 10k shares that tells you there is some decent support there if there is steady selling pressure. Of course if there is steady selling or buying pressure the price will quickly move through those levels but you can also see stocks that have resistance at certain prices where there are a lot of sellers.

So L2 data gives you a bit of a look at how buy and sell orders are stacking up. If you place a market order it’ll buy them at whatever the ask price is, for example. If you see say 500 shares at $5 and then 10k shares at 5.25 that tells you a lot of people are wanting to sell at the 5.25 price. On the flip side if the bid is 4.75 with 500 shares and then at 4.50 there are 10k shares that tells you there is some decent support there if there is steady selling pressure. Of course if there is steady selling or buying pressure the price will quickly move through those levels but you can also see stocks that have resistance at certain prices where there are a lot of sellers.
Hmmm. Thank you for that explanation. Makes sense. What does a spread between the ask and bid prices tell you? If you have a ask at $5.75 and a bid at $4.75, there is room in between. What is the significance of this middle area? Does it tell you anything about a stock? Again, thank you so much for the help! I feel weird having to ask some of these questions because I don't want to burden people with my ignorance on some of these things.

I'm currently in ALT, TORC, and AIM with AIM as my largest position and TORC the smallest. Are these fairly "safe" to hold through some pull backs, or should I set a stop limit on these? Is a stop limit better or is a trailing stop limit more beneficial? I want to ride out the bumps in the road so I can (hopefully) profit if these jump, I'm just confused on at what point to jump off if it comes to that.

Hmmm. Thank you for that explanation. Makes sense. What does a spread between the ask and bid prices tell you? If you have a ask at $5.75 and a bid at $4.75, there is room in between. What is the significance of this middle area? Does it tell you anything about a stock? Again, thank you so much for the help! I feel weird having to ask some of these questions because I don't want to burden people with my ignorance on some of these things.

If the bid and ask are spread that far apart it would tell me there isn’t much volume and/or the company has a small share structure. Most companies the price will be pretty close, like a bid of 5.05 and ask of 5.10 or similar.

If the bid and ask are spread that far apart it would tell me there isn’t much volume and/or the company has a small share structure. Most companies the price will be pretty close, like a bid of 5.05 and ask of 5.10 or similar.
Oh ok....I see. Thank you. You never mentioned...how long have you been in Wilson? I live over off Airport Blvd.

Were you guys talking about gnus a while back? Mooning today

I got 650 shares at 1.66 but that's after I sold and bought back in several times.....its going to be a legit winner for me should get to $4-6 by the end of the summer, their new cartoon channel drops mid June and they have over 1000 toy skus with Mattel etc hitting Wal Mart in Aug most based on their popular Nick show Rainbow Rangers....they even have a cartoon with Warren Buffet so I imagine he has money involved on some level....feel like I need to buy more lol.

ALT concerns me...hasn't been able to breach $9.60 and has fallen back again. Haven't bought back in yet...

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 9.30.26 AM.png

CLHI is my big play now, it’s already doubled and has a ton more upside. It appears a large company is going to RM into it in the near future.

Why do I like trading pennies? Turning $300 into $6k in a week is why!

CLHI is my big play now, it’s already doubled and has a ton more upside. It appears a large company is going to RM into it in the near future.

Why do I like trading pennies? Turning $300 into $6k in a week is why!
What was your lead on that one?

What was your lead on that one?

I have a process I follow for penny stocks, it’s taken years to develop one that works well and it isn’t foolproof but I use ihub pretty heavily. On this board here people will post various penny stocks with news and info. Most of them are junk, pump and dump but you can find some hidden gems. Here’s what I look for and it works well for me.

1. Does it have a good share structure? A company with AS and OS into the billions usually don’t run and are filled with dilution. Stay away from these. I never buy a company with more than 1 billion OS and 3 billion AS and prefer to stay under 500 million for both of those.
2. No mention or anticipation of a reverse split. With pennies they are VERY bad and avoid them at all costs.
3. Upcoming news or catalyst that can propel the stock along with building volume (above average). I usually like to find one that has just started running or will very soon.
4. Reverse merger candidates can be very attractive. They often can run for a significant amount of time IF it is a legitimate one or rumor.
5. Watch out for dilution! If you have a broker that gives you L2 access you can look at the ask and see if dilution is ongoing. It’s very bad and I avoid any stock that has signs of it. Examples would be seeing VERT as the lowest asking price or OTCX. Those are well known dilutors and the toxic financing destroys the share price.
6. Rarely, if ever, hold a penny stock long term. I usually will hold one for a day or two at most before selling unless there is a near term catalyst I’m still waiting for. When the stock rally is almost over you can tell as the buying becomes less, the share price begins to level off or drift down. From there they crash hard so take profits before that happens.
7. Most of all with pennies they are extremely volatile and easy to lose every single penny in them. If you ever trade them start with small amounts or setup a virtual trading account to “pretend” trade so you can get the hang of it. If you don’t know what you’re doing with pennies I guarantee you’ll lose a lot of money. Once you figure out how they work and what to look for you can make insane amounts of money.

Regarding CLHI, they actually might be a rare company that is seeing a reverse merger from a big, real legitimate company. The company merging in is a technology and IT company, a big market. CLHI has an attractive share structure and this company that wants to merge in with them wanted something they could use to cleanly go public. Here’s a starting DD post.

Back