• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

I'm doing okay today. Going to liquidate some of my shares in CPE, but want to hedge my bets cause I bought some of these stocks low enough to hang on until the medium or long-range. I've never been so uncomfortable with the state of the country. All the awful consequences I predicted about the shutdown are bubbling up.

Well it happened. I got hosed on an after hours offering last night. Share prices down 25% this morning. I was holding heavy. I want to slap myself because I had the chance to exit before close yesterday with 12% profit. Should get a nice tax write off fml

Public offering ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dow is at a new high since the COVID related plunge. Can it get to 25K? I’d think that would be a psychologically important milestone.

The GDP report was pretty bad, even vs expectations I saw, but the good Gilead treatment news, possibly aided by the Oxford University vaccine news about a potential vaccine by September, may be the key factors overriding the bad GDP news.

Last edited:
I am still one of those holding onto CPE for the long run. It has been on quiet a run here lately and I am well into the green now with it.

Hallmark Financial with a major pop this morning. Too bad I liquidated on Monday to move my earnings into a ------ stock ?

Dow now up 635, at high of session! It is now over 24.7K. Will it reach 25K today? Any predictions?

25K would mean a recovery of nearly 7K from the intraday COVID low back in March.

Bought into SSL about a week ago and just took profits. Bought at 2.97 sold at 5.08. support seems to be around 3.00. Hit my sell order a little below the 50 day Moving Average. it's so hard to price these oil stocks because they have been in such unprecedented territory.

Nice! I was watching Delta today and it took off, ha, but didn't take trade. Don't quite get why the airlines have been so strong lately but best not argue with the market.

Screenshot (4).png

I love having 15 shares of this stock lol. It sometimes can be a bit of a ride but when it runs like this (not the first time it has since I've owned it) it's fun.

Not all positive for me though. I have cash I could invest and honestly, my picks have been right (fairly easy ones though), but I've been spooked by those articles about a big option deal that is lower than the price the stock is at that come out twice now. Those options deals, I need to start ignoring since I'm going to (mostly) hold anyway. I also probably could've waited a few days on the REIT...I don't even want to look at the price it's at.

Back