• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Okay if you’re a panthers fan:

If Lamar gets tagged, do you trade three firsts to Baltimore for him? I doubt he’ll play under the tag.

Or do you trade up with Chicago which will cost two first rounds and at least another second and take Bryce Young?

Or do you put your faith in someone like Derek Carr who is likely to be cut by LV? I think he still has plenty on the tank with a good coaching staff and a good line which we have the line.

If Lamar gets tagged, do you trade three firsts to Baltimore for him? I doubt he’ll play under the tag.

Or do you trade up with Chicago which will cost two first rounds and at least another second and take Bryce Young?

Or do you put your faith in someone like Derek Carr who is likely to be cut by LV? I think he still has plenty on the tank with a good coaching staff and a good line which we have the line.
Don't give up picks for Lamar

Don't give up picks for Lamar
I understand that sentiment given the fact the Ravens should’ve done more, however he is a big ticket item and would be marketable for the Panthers franchise.

To correct my line of thinking, I also remember Jake Delhomme’s fanfare and getting commercial deals, then two years later fans are chanting “Go home Delhomme”, so marketability does change and can change quickly.

How many ladies have told you you’re the best they’ve ever had then you’re broke up 2 months later??

I understand that sentiment given the fact the Ravens should’ve done more, however he is a big ticket item and would be marketable for the Panthers franchise.
If they do the non exclusive tag, it only costs two firsts. I think you’re right there as well. He would move a ton of merch and has been an MVP in the not so far away past. Honestly, I think Bryce is a better long term player as long as his frame holds up. He isn’t proven though like Lamar.

I just hope they do anything other than drafting Will Levis. That dude is going to be a huge bust IMO.

If they do the non exclusive tag, it only costs two firsts. I think you’re right there as well. He would move a ton of merch and has been an MVP in the not so far away past. Honestly, I think Bryce is a better long term player as long as his frame holds up. He isn’t proven though like Lamar.

I just hope they do anything other than drafting Will Levis. That dude is going to be a huge bust IMO.
No argument from me. My fear would be Lamar resting on his laurels and enjoying the paycheck without producing, but I think he has a competitive spirit that he’d go b.lls to the wall and try to produce whether the result is good or bad. Maybe my analogy of him is Russell Westbrook. Full speed ahead, gives you his all and leaves nothing in the tank, but the IQ doesn’t match the effort.

Most of us want a competitive team and some measure of success. Do we have to be in the Super Bowl in the next 5? No. But we want to look at the division and see we are top 2 with a chance

To correct my line of thinking, I also remember Jake Delhomme’s fanfare and getting commercial deals, then two years later fans are chanting “Go home Delhomme”, so marketability does change and can change quickly.

How many ladies have told you you’re the best they’ve ever had then you’re broke up 2 months later??
Ravens fan here, Deshaun Watson has completely messed up QB pay expectations. For 3 first round picks you can have him, guaranteed 250+ million, good luck designing a decent team around that.

No argument from me. My fear would be Lamar resting on his laurels and enjoying the paycheck without producing, but I think he has a competitive spirit that he’d go b.lls to the wall and try to produce whether the result is good or bad. Maybe my analogy of him is Russell Westbrook. Full speed ahead, gives you his all and leaves nothing in the tank, but the IQ doesn’t match the effort.

Most of us want a competitive team and some measure of success. Do we have to be in the Super Bowl in the next 5? No. But we want to look at the division and see we are top 2 with a chance
Westbrook probably isn't a bad comparison. But he throws the ball out of bounds a lot, can't shoot consistently, and steps on the sideline too much. Jackson will be a big name, no doubt, but he will likely spend a considerable amount of time on the IR and be quite streaky. Trade with San Fran and take a shot with Brock Purdy, assuming his elbow heals. I would say Trey Lance, but he seems like he's going to be on the shelf for the bulk of his career. Anyway, there's lots of room in the NFC to do well.

Whatever we do it will be the wrong decision and we will still suck.

-Demoralized panther fan

Address the gaps in the team in the draft and go with a FA qb. The division isn't great and shouldn't be next year, if you mortgage the future on a QB that's throwing to Shai Smith and handing it off to chubba you might sneak into the playoffs at 9-8 but you are likely to flame out early against a team like Minnesota, Detroit, SF, Philly, Seattle, Dallas who can put points up

Or I guess the easier thing to do is just give in and pull for the Chiefs. They are the new dynasty and will probably be in the super bowl every other year for the next decade.

Back