• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sports Thread

Pretty tough one in the hole tonight. Y'all still think Nance is better than Manek. Come Saturday night y'all will be shooting the lights out against us as always. With Roger Ayers and tv Teddy on your side we don't stand a chance.

Pretty tough one in the hole tonight. Y'all still think Nance is better than Manek. Come Saturday night y'all will be shooting the lights out against us as always. With Roger Ayers and tv Teddy on your side we don't stand a chance.
Whoa, Nance can’t tie Manek’s shoes. Enough of that talk. I’d trade Nance, Styles, Dunn, and Nickle to get Manek back.

Roger Ayers, Jamie Luckey, Mike Eades, Karl Hess, and Ted Valentine might as well have Duke apparel on when officiating our games.

I’ll give you some UNC officials…Ray Styons, Bernard Clinton, John Cahill, when they use to officiate I knew it was going to be a good night, but the others I mentioned before might as well have a beer with Coach K after the game.

Exactly. Glad I heard a Unc fan say it. All I heard from Unc fans all summer was Nance was a more athletic version of Manek. I said are you serious. Where is this crap coming from. Manek will go down as one of the best clutch shooters in Unc history for you guys. You can't find those fans that said that bs now or want admit it. Without Manek you don't make that run last year. Not Roger Ayers for us. He screws us big time when he officiates a Duke game. Against Kansas in 2018 he did us in the elite 8 and that still hurts. Your taking it easy back with those Unc refs back in the day I almost forgot about when Dean was coaching. Your right about that. May the best team win Saturday night.

Exactly. Glad I heard a Unc fan say it. All I heard from Unc fans all summer was Nance was a more athletic version of Manek. I said are you serious. Where is this crap coming from. Manek will go down as one of the best clutch shooters in Unc history for you guys. You can't find those fans that said that bs now or want admit it. Without Manek you don't make that run last year. Not Roger Ayers for us. He screws us big time when he officiates a Duke game. Against Kansas in 2018 he did us in the elite 8 and that still hurts. Your taking it easy back with those Unc refs back in the day I almost forgot about when Dean was coaching. Your right about that. May the best team win Saturday night.
Man, I don’t know who would have had the nerve to think that about Nance. Because we don’t have Manek now, I don’t see a final four run for UNC. Could we luck up and go far? Maybe, but Manek allowed us to advance with confidence. Of all damn teams to lose to, freaking Kansas and that still hurts me.

I know it. Your exactly right about Manek. He was mr clutch. Those guys with ice in their veins don't come around that often. He was the man last year who wanted ball in his hands at the end of the game. That's what you need to make a deep run like y'all did. He can't be replaced with what you got on the team this year and Nance is no comparison to Manek. Not on his best day. Man what a pick up he was for y'all last year. Yeah that title game had to be tough. Just looked like y'all run out of gas near the end. Yes sir those games hurt. We have had several heartbreaks ourselves in the title games. Me and my dad talk about them all the time. What could of been done different you know. Good talking to you. Enjoyed it.

I know it. Your exactly right about Manek. He was mr clutch. Those guys with ice in their veins don't come around that often. He was the man last year who wanted ball in his hands at the end of the game. That's what you need to make a deep run like y'all did. He can't be replaced with what you got on the team this year and Nance is no comparison to Manek. Not on his best day. Man what a pick up he was for y'all last year. Yeah that title game had to be tough. Just looked like y'all run out of gas near the end. Yes sir those games hurt. We have had several heartbreaks ourselves in the title games. Me and my dad talk about them all the time. What could have been done different you know. Good talking to you. Enjoyed it.
Yes sir, enjoy those moments with your Dad!! My father is a Duke fan and we don’t really care enough about it to get all into it. We simply ran out of gas, and we had a bench that hadn’t played in big game situations. Fortunate to go as far as we did.

I know it. Your exactly right about Manek. He was mr clutch. Those guys with ice in their veins don't come around that often. He was the man last year who wanted ball in his hands at the end of the game. That's what you need to make a deep run like y'all did. He can't be replaced with what you got on the team this year and Nance is no comparison to Manek. Not on his best day. Man what a pick up he was for y'all last year. Yeah that title game had to be tough. Just looked like y'all run out of gas near the end. Yes sir those games hurt. We have had several heartbreaks ourselves in the title games. Me and my dad talk about them all the time. What could of been done different you know. Good talking to you. Enjoyed it.
congrats to Duke tonight. Big win over UNC. Good to see Lively have a big game but all Duke really did tonight was take UNCs balls out of their mouths from last year.

Hubert Davis better hope he keeps getting top talent to come with the offense, or lack of offense, he is coaching. It is all 1 on 1 off the dribble to create shots if they can't get Bacot the ball on the post. There is no ball movement at all. No screens, no cuts, no reversing the ball. He wants to play a NBA type freelance offense that relies heavily on 1 on 1 play, our talent being better than your talent. I think he is doing it because he thinks he has to in order to get the best talent, because they want to be able to showcase their skills for the NBA. Maybe it will work, but to me it is basing everything on talent and recruiting, not coaching. And he also doesn't make any adjustments on defense when they are getting killed by the same play over and over. Wake kept using the pick and roll last night for easy layups, dunks, and alleyoops. Hubert never adjusted. Hope he gets all the top talent he can because his coaching isn't going to get it done.

Hubert Davis better hope he keeps getting top talent to come with the offense, or lack of offense, he is coaching. It is all 1 on 1 off the dribble to create shots if they can't get Bacot the ball on the post. There is no ball movement at all. No screens, no cuts, no reversing the ball. He wants to play a NBA type freelance offense that relies heavily on 1 on 1 play, our talent being better than your talent. I think he is doing it because he thinks he has to in order to get the best talent, because they want to be able to showcase their skills for the NBA. Maybe it will work, but to me it is basing everything on talent and recruiting, not coaching. And he also doesn't make any adjustments on defense when they are getting killed by the same play over and over. Wake kept using the pick and roll last night for easy layups, dunks, and alleyoops. Hubert never adjusted. Hope he gets all the top talent he can because his coaching isn't going to get it done.
That’s exactly what I’m seeing as well. If what you’re doing ain’t working, you better have some hunger and desire like what NC State has been playing with for much of the season.

Back