• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sizzling Shenanigans: warm season whamby

I don't see how we could do it. Most of our true big heatwaves are advected in and not insitu and I can't formulate a pattern that would stick for that amount of time to produce all time record highs for a week plus. That said with the rdu sensor being so hot vs surroundings the all time record is in jeopardy, it's not going to be long before rdu pops off with some crazy 106-110 number while the rest of us are in the 100-105 range
Yes, UHI is real. Car thermometer read 110 yesterday in the parking lot at work. Arrived to my tree covered suburb to a temp of 93. Road was consistently 105-108 almost all the way there. Once on two lane, tree covered county roads and it was down to 100. We need to get the official sensors out of the urban areas.

Yes, UHI is real. Car thermometer read 110 yesterday in the parking lot at work. Arrived to my tree covered suburb to a temp of 93. Road was consistently 105-108 almost all the way there. Once on two lane, tree covered county roads and it was down to 100. We need to get the official sensors out of the urban areas.
I don't think this is getting the attention it deserves. I think most folks that have an official station in a uhi area realize lows on radiational cooling nights below the official low. I get that these sensors are representative of the uhi microclimate but I don't think the are for a whole region of a state

You know we need to find out when that thread got closed I'll open it tonight if it's when the rain stopped
Gerard Butler This Is Sparta GIF by Legendary Entertainment

This is just a run-of-the-mill eighty's type hot and dry summer. It's really not that uncommon, historically. It's just been awhile since we've had one. Most recent summers have been above average in rainfall and lower temps.
This is absolutely correct.

I was in your town last week, lots of character!
Lots of characters!!!
It’s not a bad place. Hopefully you got to see a few sights and enjoy some food!
The downtown area is really developing a lot hipper and better vibe. A good revitalization.

2.02” today, hi of 70. Put a hurting on big storms that were supposed to fire this evening! Rain till noon and no sunshine at all! Tomatoes ore loving it!

.18 unless you count when the sprinklers hit the Tempest
That is crazy, but I went through the same thing over here in 1993. We had a grand total of .30 From June1 through August 30. We had storms all around us that summer, but could not even get one of them to hit this area until mid-September.

This is just a run-of-the-mill eighty's type hot and dry summer. It's really not that uncommon, historically. It's just been awhile since we've had one. Most recent summers have been above average in rainfall and lower temps.
Well it's nice to get a break from the 90s we've had the last couple weeks

Back