• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sizzling Shenanigans: warm season whamby

Masters of Library Science, Undergrad business administration with a concentration in international business. I thought I’d work for a bank in downtown Charlotte before the library intervened.
Very nice. That had to be a very fun masters to get. Charlotte is definitely the place to be in the banking world. I’ve known a few people to work for Truist over the years, most have stayed for lengthy periods. I say that knowing BOA and Wells Fargo have a bigger presence in Charlotte whereas Truist is still in W-S.

Don’t get use to this crisp airmass. That’s a hot swamp ass look right here. About as classic as you can get for mid 90s and high humidity View attachment 150257View attachment 150258
Cook baby cook, let’s cook till October then go warm dry and super sunny . Like today ! All winter long! Plus the UHI has only increased since last winter with all the growth so we got even warmer now. Especially in places like Clayton and chalybeate springs, they may have gained another .5 degrees of UHI over the last year

Actually, chalybeate springs might have gained an entire degree of UHI. In 2018 there was nothing but fields and a couple neighborhoods there but during 2020 there was a flurry of rapid approvals of neighborhoods that are now being constructed. @SD gained 10,000 people and 1 degree of UHI. Maybe I should be pro development, it brings UHI to help warm the globe

Southern wake county also gained a lot of UHI with the new construction of the tolled UHI belt. Helping push the snow / rain like further north and west one degree of UHI at a time 🌭

Actually, chalybeate springs might have gained an entire degree of UHI. In 2018 there was nothing but fields and a couple neighborhoods there but during 2020 there was a flurry of rapid approvals of neighborhoods that are now being constructed. @SD gained 10,000 people and 1 degree of UHI. Maybe I should be pro development, it brings UHI to help warm the globe

Southern wake county also gained a lot of UHI with the new construction of the tolled UHI belt. Helping push the snow / rain like further north and west one degree of UHI at a time 🌭
Warm deez

@Rain Cold imma tap your credit card and then drive the tolled 540 during snow chances to keep friction on the road therefore heat therefore more UHI and then you will pay for it all whilst I push the rain snow line further nw! Do not move to Morganton this winter, stay for one more year of heartbreak

I was happy to get a 5.5 to 6in snow mid Jan in 15 degree temps, which took a week to melt
Mr Golf, why does your name get longer and longer every time you change it?

Take a lesson from Dewpoint Dan. He's on his 47th rebrand now and he keeps it within a reasonable number of characters! 😅

Very nice. That had to be a very fun masters to get. Charlotte is definitely the place to be in the banking world. I’ve known a few people to work for Truist over the years, most have stayed for lengthy periods. I say that knowing BOA and Wells Fargo have a bigger presence in Charlotte whereas Truist is still in W-S.
It was *a lot* of reading and writing, believe me. To be honest, I'm not even that big of a fan of reading. What I do love, however, is having all the information in the world at my fingertips. I used to read encyclopedias for fun as a kid so the research part is just fun to me.

It was *a lot* of reading and writing, believe me. To be honest, I'm not even that big of a fan of reading. What I do love, however, is having all the information in the world at my fingertips. I used to read encyclopedias for fun as a kid so the research part is just fun to me.
It was the Rand McNally atlas for me.

Masters of Library Science, Undergrad business administration with a concentration in international business. I thought I’d work for a bank in downtown Charlotte before the library intervened.

I don't have a MLIS but I've work in libraries for 20 years. Public first and now academic. Public was way more unpredictable but academic pays better and not so many crazies running around..lol.

I don't have a MLIS but I've work in libraries for 20 years. Public first and now academic. Public was way more unpredictable but academic pays better and not so many crazies running around..lol.
Are you at UNA? That’s the closest institution to my wife’s folks and I’ve always pondered.

That was also my career track. Nine public, coming up on eight years academic.

And winter’s already canceled. On to spring/summer of 2025. Hoping for El Niño next year!

In all seriousness I normally like winter more than any other season, even if mild like most have been recently.
I'm sure you do with that horrible heat there. When we visited Savannah last weekend I didn't expect 104 degree heat index on Sunday. Made it difficult to be outside!

I'm sure you do with that horrible heat there. When we visited Savannah last weekend I didn't expect 104 degree heat index on Sunday. Made it difficult to be outside!

Did you enjoy your trip otherwise? Did you by chance hit the Crystal Beer Parlor? If so, how was it? Did you stay at one of the hotels I mentioned?

Did you enjoy your trip otherwise? Did you by chance hit the Crystal Beer Parlor? If so, how was it? Did you stay at one of the hotels I mentioned?
We didn't get a chance to go to Crystal Beer Parlor but we did eat at some good restaurants on the river. Instead of getting a hotel we got a place on vrbo which was close to Forsyth Park and was a good place to stay.

@Rain Cold imma tap your credit card and then drive the tolled 540 during snow chances to keep friction on the road therefore heat therefore more UHI and then you will pay for it all whilst I push the rain snow line further nw! Do not move to Morganton this winter, stay for one more year of heartbreak
Credit card maxed out man. Sorry!

Back