• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sizzling Shenanigans: warm season whamby

Man I loved my time in Morganton. Really good COL, thriving downtown etc. you can be in linville in under 40 minutes.whats not to like?
We have been looking for a place for our son, and we've cast a wide net over the western part of the state. We've scouted out a ton of cities out there, but Morganton was near the top of the list in terms of what we liked. It just so happens that a place out there reached out with an opening, and it seems to be the best fit out of all the places we've evaluated.

I didn't know you lived there. That's awesome. Very nice downtown!

We have been looking for a place for our son, and we've cast a wide net over the western part of the state. We've scouted out a ton of cities out there, but Morganton was near the top of the list in terms of what we liked. It just so happens that a place out there reached out with an opening, and it seems to be the best fit out of all the places we've evaluated.

I didn't know you lived there. That's awesome. Very nice downtown!
That’s all good news. If you’re looking for somewhere to have a leg up on literally everyone but still be close-ish in, look at Jonas Ridge area. From there, it’s just 28 minutes or so down the mountain to Motown but you can be up as high in that area as 3k-3.5k.

Where are these climate change super hurricane's I keep getting threatened by? Atlantic sounds quiet the past few years.

Where are these climate change super hurricane's I keep getting threatened by? Atlantic sounds quiet the past few years.
Last year was El Niño, which isn’t normally highly active. 2020 was super active with several cat 4-5s.
This year we’ve already had a cat 5 (Beryl) and the earliest one on record! Did you forget?

Last year was El Niño, which isn’t normally highly active. 2020 was super active with several cat 4-5s.
This year we’ve already had a cat 5 (Beryl) and the earliest one on record! Did you forget?
NOAA says 4-7 Major hurricanes. Doubt that will happen....

We still have September to get through, and we know the tropics can blown up quickly. But this season has been pretty meh so far except for the tornados from Debby.

Soooooooo… this blockbuster hurricane season with 40 storms or whatever, still on track??? Asking for a friend!??

We still have September to get through, and we know the tropics can blown up quickly. But this season has been pretty meh so far except for the tornados from Debby.

It’s only August 20th and there have already been 3 H, with all affecting land including one in the SE US. I had first time ever flooding inside my garage (from Debby). Also, one was the earliest cat 5 on record. Current ACE is 3rd highest back to 1951, with only 2005 and 1980 higher. Over 80% of ACE on average occurs after Aug 20.

Now as far as what’s to come, maybe it will quiet down. It looks to do so for the next few days and 2024 should drop from 3rd highest ACE back to 1951. Fingers crossed that quiet will dominate the rest of the season but not betting on it!

Back