• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sizzling Shenanigans: warm season whamby

Yeah that’s what I’ve been doing. At first, I thought maybe my RH was an issue but we actually have a pretty sealed up crawl space.

Have you ever tried pouring bleach? That may be riskier to the line though.

I have to say, I may need therapy for this (even if it’s unlikely to ever occur) and it’s partially embarrassing.

I can no longer be around medium to large sized dogs that bark and are allowed to be loose and run around thanks to October last year where I was attacked by one. I know it’s not likely I’ll be bitten if I stay calm, but I just freeze.

We were within inches of a near 30 year old in me crying hysterically because one was allowed to be loose in the road this evening.

I have to say, I may need therapy for this (even if it’s unlikely to ever occur) and it’s partially embarrassing.

I can no longer be around medium to large sized dogs that bark and are allowed to be loose and run around thanks to October last year where I was attacked by one. I know it’s not likely I’ll be bitten if I stay calm, but I just freeze.

We were within inches of a near 30 year old in me crying hysterically because one was allowed to be loose in the road this evening.
Uh, I don’t blame you at all. Large dogs (Rots, Pitbull, Etc) can eat you alive. I know my skinny 210lb self can’t beat one! Lol

I asked numerous times that folks engage each other civilly and it didn't happen. We seem to rarely have issues on this site until that thread starts. Thread locked problem solved.
well at least consider a watch night party for the results. The least u could do as much as we may ur bills

You'd be surprised how much originally came out of pocket and via actual work to keep everything working.

It's not like we make any money on the site and go on lavish trips or buy cars and things.

The last donation drive exceeded and allowed us to have cushion for off months and for potential server upgrades again if needed.

The amount of work setting up software and moderating with volunteer work is ridiculous tbh.

If I wasn't a weather nerd, and I had no interest in this page for example, it'd probably have cost 2500-3k in labor setting the servers and software up.

You'd think "oh, well I see I can get a website and hosting at GoDaddy for $5 a month, why do they need donations".

The reason we need donations is because we have to have a vps/server to handle the huge load during imprending Winter storms. So while 75 percent of the time, we could get away with a cheaper option, id assume everyone wants the site to work when it's really needed.

I was wondering about that myself. When is the next donation drive? Are there special perks and benefits for contributing members?

Shane and I need to sit down and come up with some cool perks to be honest. Since we don't run ads, we are gonna have to think of something cool besides colored names and banners

I was wondering about that myself. When is the next donation drive? Are there special perks and benefits for contributing members?

Not sure when the next drive is.
The perk is we're helping keep this awesome site afloat plus a "Supporter" badge below your name. :)

You'd be surprised how much originally came out of pocket and via actual work to keep everything working.

It's not like we make any money on the site and go on lavish trips or buy cars and things.

The last donation drive exceeded and allowed us to have cushion for off months and for potential server upgrades again if needed.

The amount of work setting up software and moderating with volunteer work is ridiculous tbh.

If I wasn't a weather nerd, and I had no interest in this page for example, it'd probably have cost 2500-3k in labor setting the servers and software up.

You'd think "oh, well I see I can get a website and hosting at GoDaddy for $5 a month, why do they need donations".

The reason we need donations is because we have to have a vps/server to handle the huge load during imprending Winter storms. So while 75 percent of the time, we could get away with a cheaper option, id assume everyone wants the site to work when it's really needed.
Yes we used to see in the busy traffic times the board would go down intermittently.

Back