• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sizzling Shenanigans: warm season whamby

Wow, the winter months have been trending warmer on average in my county while the summer months have been trending cooler. I thought this was the case but the data from the site J.C. posted confirmed it. Very interesting. Sounds like we are moving to more even climate temp profile. In a few decades, maybe after the next solar minimum, we may see summers averaging in the mid-eighties and winters with average highs around 65.

Wow, the winter months have been trending warmer on average in my county while the summer months have been trending cooler. I thought this was the case but the data from the site J.C. posted confirmed it. Very interesting. Sounds like we are moving to more even climate temp profile. In a few decades, maybe after the next solar minimum, we may see summers averaging in the mid-eighties and winters with average highs around 65.
I was picking up on this with my observations since I was a kid. We are being affected by warmer oceans, increased humidity, and rainfall. Most of the summer days I record, now stay around the 15 degree spread. This summer has been outside the norm with that damn persistent ridge to our west.

Last edited:
I was picking up on this with my observations since I was a kid. We are being affected by warmer oceans, increased humidity, and rainfall. Most of the summer days I record. Now stay around the 15 degree spread. This summer has been outside the norm with that damn persistent ridge to our west.
I was leaning toward UHI myself. I've seen rapid urbanization in my area over the last 30 years. I'm going to check some outlying counties to see if the data is different. Counties that shouldn't have any metro areas.

Hmmmm about what I thought. The 30s were horrible here for heat(many of our records have never been broken from then) as bad as the summers of 22 and 23 were. Also in the 1930s Tulsa only had 140k people we are over 400k now not even including the suburbs

But also look at the 60s 70s and 80s. More my thinking that its more of a cycle than anything Screenshot_20240810_202502_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Yall got any ideas on how to keep my A/C condenser line from clogging? I clean it once a month and it still will find a way to periodically clog. I’m thinking of getting a new drip pan but I’m out of ideas past that.

Yall got any ideas on how to keep my A/C condenser line from clogging? I clean it once a month and it still will find a way to periodically clog. I’m thinking of getting a new drip pan but I’m out of ideas past that.
There's something out there you can install yourself that prevents that. I saw a commercial for it but forgot what it is called.

Pour a cup of vinegar down the line once a month.

Back