• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sizzling Shenanigans: warm season whamby

Well, if the 0z Euro is right next week will be awful. Highs 88-92 and dewpoints from 75-80 with no mixing out. Would be heat warnings from the foothills east.

Well, if the oz Euro is right next week will be awful. Highs 88-92 and dewpoints from 75-80 with no mixing out. Would be heat warnings from the foothills east.
And no rain for the next billion years. Did you ever get back to @Iceagewhereartthou ?

I have your typical clean up after your garden variety thunderstorm in my yard so far. There are lots of small branches down and the low hanging branches on my pecan tree in the front yard knocked the bird feeder askew. I have a lot of trees around me, especially in the back yard where my neighborhood has a long wooded strip that is along a branch that runs into Swift Creek. I used to love tropical storms and hurricanes and have even chased a few but the thought of those trees coming down in my back yard and hitting my home makes me nervous these days. In May of 2021 the top of a tulip tree snapped off and came inches from hitting the house during a severe thunderstorm downburst. It damaged the chain link fence in the backyard and smashed the patio furniture to pieces. Since then, I feel more empathy for those affected by natural disasters. Fran and the ice storm of 2002 did a number on my neighborhood and we had a lot of cleanup but they didn't produce a close call to my home like the thunderstorm produced.

Trying to catch up in the Debbie thread, 16 pages of tornado warnings! Sweet Jesus!

Back