• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sizzling Shenanigans: warm season whamby

1. No worries. I wish I could answer but I don’t have enough knowledge to do so. My issue was not enough voltage coming into the house for the compressor to be able to stay on. Once GA Power did their repairs, my compressor/AC resumed working normally.

@Arcc might be able to answer your Q.

2. Sorry to hear about your burst pipe. It sounds like you have a water mitigation company drying things out. I had to have one late Dec/early Jan due to a water heater leak. Their bill was an astoundingly high 18K!! I was shocked. It was 4-5 times as high as I had expected. But State Farm was pissed and fought them and got the bill cut in half to “only” 9K!

And SF is subrogating the claim against Rheem, the water heater manufacturer, as it was only 2 yrs old and there was a defective drain valve seal. If successful, I’ll get my deductible back.

By the way, I don’t intend to buy a tank ever again. I replaced this with tankless.

Are you including your extra power costs to run the equipment in your claim? I did.

As always, you’re the best. Yes, it’s SFarm. My home is a 3/2 Ranch brick slab. 1,800
NVL it was a pipe behind the shower. Thank goodness it wasn’t below the slab meaning hammering concrete.

I think the overload of voltage may have damaged my 6 yr old train hvac. Most definitely gonna fight to include into my claim if I can. And yes, at 54 yrs old this is my first home/car claim ever. Gonna squeeze every bit I can within reason.

@GaWx Larry, you just went through this. My apologies as I realize you have a lot on your plate with Debby.

HVAC question. I’ll keep it brief. Pipe burst in my home 7 days ago. 14 commercial fans and two commercial dehumidifier’s running are drawing a 💩ton of electricity. My hvac started not keeping up with demand on electric Thursday meaning it was running above set degree. I shut down 75% of the fans and both dehumidifiers yesterday . As I speak it’s set at 70 but 76 and catching up now to 75.

Is it possible that an extraordinary power consumption could’ve damaged my hvac?

PLEASE! Anyone with knowledge would be helpful as I may need to add this to my claim. Thank you in advance. Love our community.

I’m definitely no HVAC technician, so I can only speak on my experiences and what my coworker(who actually went got his HVAC license years ago) explains to me. That said I wouldn’t think that your HVAC is damaged. If it is still blowing cold air and you can see water coming out the drain line, I would think it’s working fine. I bet it’s just the moisture from the leak and with this high humidity it’s just hard to get it all out. My system is running almost constantly(for others reasons) this past week.

That said I’d definitely make sure it’s draining and if you can check your inside coils to make sure they aren’t covered in dirt and dust. I doubled the air coming out of my registers one time when I realized the coils were fully caked over in years worth of dust.

My son and I had a blast up in the mountains this weekend. We camped and glamp’d at the Davidson river campground this year. Swam in the river, drove up to the pisgah inn, hiked to and climbed the frying pan tower, had an overlook picnic, drove to the Sierra Nevada brewery, went gem mining, ate at the pisgah fish camp and saw Twisters (again) at the 100 year old cinema in downtown Brevard. Capped it off with Groucho’s Deli on the way in. Great trip. Not sure if or when the fish hatchery will be reopened but it was still closed as of today. Also, Brevard ain’t a small town anymore.

Anyone chasing Debby and want to ride out in a tent together on tybee island? Not expecting much from tropical storm Debby surge is expected to be low.

Back