• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sizzling Shenanigans: warm season whamby

Even with the cabin pressurized?

Does blood oxygen saturation typically drop at high altitudes even with a pressurized cabin? Do the %s on a pulse oximeter drop? Have you ever checked yours?

Does blood oxygen saturation typically drop at high altitudes even with a pressurized cabin? Do the %s on a pulse oximeter drop? Have you ever checked yours?
It has to be around normal because the body can’t live at 30k normally, so the cabin has to be kept at normal oxygen levels. I’ll take my pulse ox next time I fly and validate one way or the other. I can confirm it drops progressively up to around 13k, which is the highest I’ve been on ground level numerous times.

Last edited:
Window seat Absolutely the best! Not gonna lie when our trip is over I want to go somewhere again just to fly lol

Irrigation circles in New Mexico look so cool from above

You did it right. Window seat is always the best choice. Earlier this year, I got to see Joshua Tree National Park on approach to LAX

IMG_2350.jpeg

I absolutely hate flying. I have to do it for work but not frequently enough to get flyer benefits. Before 9/11, flying was much better. Now, it's delays, extra charges, no good snacks on the plane, and not enough room for tall people. In fact, I don't even know if Mackerel Sky would fit.

I absolutely hate flying. I have to do it for work but not frequently enough to get flyer benefits. Before 9/11, flying was much better. Now, it's delays, extra charges, no good snacks on the plane, and not enough room for tall people. In fact, I don't even know if Mackerel Sky would fit.
There's something about having to fly for work that makes it extra terrible.

Its like the greyhound bus station now, hate it tbh. Whole expierence.
First flight I took in early 80s as a young lad, it was a privelage. Put wings on you, your folks would make you get all cleaned up like Sunday Morning. Food,drink on board. And Room. Heck in the 90s, I'd fly roundtrip to Orlando from GSO, same day on Airtram for 90 bucks.Plenty of space, empty seats. Never lost my luggage.

Apparently Raleigh's not the only defective temperature gauge. I'm in Butler Alabama today which is near Meridian Mississippi and it's telling me this....Screenshot_20240801-122929_Live5Weather.jpg

Back