• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sizzling Shenanigans: warm season whamby

GSP Airport area Jeez. They have 4.82 for the whole summer since June 1st and just got split again. That has to be one of the driest spots in the Carolina's right now. Move over @JHS there is a new drought king in town!

In other news, Hold onto your butts!
fema07_swody1.png

fema04_swody1.png

Looks like a derecho is coming to MO, IL, KY, TN, GA, AL, and SC/NC.

I’d be excited beyond words. Window seats? I always prefer a window to have the best view. Going to be flying for first time in 10 years in Aug. Longest no fly stretch for me since I was a kid. Flew for 1st time at age 15. I still remember how excited I was! Flew SAV to La Guardia rd trip.
Window seat Absolutely the best! Not gonna lie when our trip is over I want to go somewhere again just to fly lol

1000001729.jpg

Irrigation circles in New Mexico look so cool from above
1000001747.jpg

GSP Airport area Jeez. They have 4.82 for the whole summer since June 1st and just got split again. That has to be one of the driest spots in the Carolina's right now. Move over @JHS there is a new drought king in town!
Yeah, GSP just hasn't been in the path for many of these pop ups the past couple of months. GMU has had significantly more rain than GSP and I think they are only about 8 miles apart. I also noticed that GMU's highest temp this summer is 98, whereas GSP reached 100 twice, and GMU is typically a degree or two hotter due to heat isand effect. This definitely lends some credence to the idea that GSP pretty much has to be in drought or at least abnormally dry status to reach 100. Had it had the same rain pattern as GMU is likely would not have reached that temp at all.

Back