• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sizzling Shenanigans: warm season whamby

I even see some low 80s dewpoints in South Georgia and actually a few locations in Northwest Georgia also.
My DP at the house was above 80 most of the afternoon which is why I didn’t do a dang thing outside once I got home. I visited my job site at 2500’ in Blairsville and it was oppressive too.

@Broken024 please attend this for me. It is free and there is food... its Charlotte's own Denny's Grand Slam. I would love to go but I work that day and must study. This is meme history, rock history.

Beautiful out here. Tombstone, some Grand Canyon, Death Valley in a couple of days1000001809.jpg
1000001800.jpg
1000001792-jpg.149206
1000001755.jpg

Attachments

• 1000001792.jpg
    1000001792.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 128
Cool dude. Late 90's I was a sales mgr at Circuit City. I let him return a camcorder 5 days past 30 day return policy in exchange for a TWC shirt. lol
A week later he came back and gave me a TWC polo. :) Wish I still had it.
I met him at the airport in Boston in January 2000. He was covering a Nor'Easter.

@GaWx Larry, you just went through this. My apologies as I realize you have a lot on your plate with Debby.

HVAC question. I’ll keep it brief. Pipe burst in my home 7 days ago. 14 commercial fans and two commercial dehumidifier’s running are drawing a 💩ton of electricity. My hvac started not keeping up with demand on electric Thursday meaning it was running above set degree. I shut down 75% of the fans and both dehumidifiers yesterday . As I speak it’s set at 70 but 76 and catching up now to 75.

Is it possible that an extraordinary power consumption could’ve damaged my hvac?

PLEASE! Anyone with knowledge would be helpful as I may need to add this to my claim. Thank you in advance. Love our community.

Cool dude. Late 90's I was a sales mgr at Circuit City. I let him return a camcorder 5 days past 30 day return policy in exchange for a TWC shirt. lol
A week later he came back and gave me a TWC polo. :) Wish I still had it.
Aww. That's cool. I helped TWC a long time ago with staying on DirectTV by complaining. They sent me a cap. I have worn it out. My fav. When I use to go the VFW and winter weather was coming, I would wear it. Everybody said "Robin's got her cap on she must be going to tell us about the weather" LMAO!!

@GaWx Larry, you just went through this. My apologies as I realize you have a lot on your plate with Debby.

HVAC question. I’ll keep it brief. Pipe burst in my home 7 days ago. 14 commercial fans and two commercial dehumidifier’s running are drawing a 💩ton of electricity. My hvac started not keeping up with demand on electric Thursday meaning it was running above set degree. I shut down 75% of the fans and both dehumidifiers yesterday . As I speak it’s set at 70 but 76 and catching up now to 75.

Is it possible that an extraordinary power consumption could’ve damaged my hvac?

PLEASE! Anyone with knowledge would be helpful as I may need to add this to my claim. Thank you in advance. Love our community.

1. No worries. I wish I could answer but I don’t have enough knowledge to do so. My issue was not enough voltage coming into the house for the compressor to be able to stay on. Once GA Power did their repairs, my compressor/AC resumed working normally.

@Arcc might be able to answer your Q.

2. Sorry to hear about your burst pipe. It sounds like you have a water mitigation company drying things out. I had to have one late Dec/early Jan due to a water heater leak. Their bill was an astoundingly high 18K!! I was shocked. It was 4-5 times as high as I had expected. But State Farm was pissed and fought them and got the bill cut in half to “only” 9K!

And SF is subrogating the claim against Rheem, the water heater manufacturer, as it was only 2 yrs old and there was a defective drain valve seal. If successful, I’ll get my deductible back.

By the way, I don’t intend to buy a tank ever again. I replaced this with tankless.

Are you including your extra power costs to run the equipment in your claim? I did.

Back