• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Sizzling Shenanigans: warm season whamby

ACE is dumb. Meaningless stat. This year has been a bust so far unless Sept and Oct can make 2-3 H a week.
I seriously don't see us having a historic season at this point. We are nearing peak and only at E, with our actual historically active seasons being way beyond that by this point. For reference, 2020 was at L already by today.

I seriously don't see us having a historic season at this point. We are nearing peak and only at E, with our actual historically active seasons being way beyond that by this point. For reference, 2020 was at L already by today.

In terms of # of NS despite the 3rd highest ACE since 1951, 2024 looks to get nowhere near historic. But in terms of H/MH/ACE, it isn’t as clear cut. 2020’s ACE as of today was only half of where 2024 is. 9 of its 12 NS through today were only 55 knots at max or weaker. 2024 has had 1 MH/3 H. 2020’s first MH (Laura) wasn’t til ~Aug 26 and 3rd H wasn’t til Aug 25. 2020 will likely be much more active the rest of August vs 2024, however.

Last edited:
Why is this site blocked in the UK? I get blocked when trying to use my UK VPN.
American Housewife Usa GIF by ABC Network

I’m a meteorology student now at NCSU, and I’m shocked at how almost nobody has snow as their first choice for favorite type of weather
Congrats and yeah! Warm weenies for the win. Also whatever you do, remember you have to howl at every new person you meet, walk across the Talley seal, and eat at fountain. Trust me bro. That’s how @SD and @Rain Cold succeeded

Season cancel. On to winter.

And winter’s already canceled. On to spring/summer of 2025. Hoping for El Niño next year!

In all seriousness I normally like winter more than any other season, even if mild like most have been recently.

Last edited:
Did they launch you off runway 12? 09 I guess could have worked too, but it looks like you are in a slight left banking turn with a good 10 - 15 degree positive pitch.
I figured you might be a pilot just by seeing Fayettville.

Did they launch you off runway 12? 09 I guess could have worked too, but it looks like you are in a slight left banking turn with a good 10 - 15 degree positive pitch.
You might be right actually. We had to wait on the taxi way forever due to the weather. Of course American there takes precedence.

Just walked across campus and didn’t even break a sweat. Only another month-ish away before this is our full time deal for a while
What is your area of expertise? Dr?

Back