Severe Severe weather threat April 17-19

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Doesn't sound too bad according to spc they saying a tornado cannot be ruled out on wed

It looks potentially pretty nasty again for places like Texas/Louisiana/Mississippi/westward. Not as bad east of there as of now but still potential for something.

For some context (long range NAM but still):

1555350944992.png

Not as many tornado soundings for this one. However a squall line with wind and rain seems more likely across Georgia and Carolinas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to watch how the secondary low develops. Nam doesn't look impressive, but synoptically this event is still eye catching. Too far away from the event too know the true mesoscale features.

Reactions: Rick
Just seems mostly might get a damaging wind looks to be a low end event now nws Huntsville says tornado cannot be ruled out

Reactions: Zander98al
0c6b6658d9f01134b6b9d2163e77cdec.jpg

To me the Tornado chance isn’t zero but it’s low. But I do think this will be a nasty squall line with straight line winds and heavy rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Myfrotho704_
You know what. 12km 18z nam makes this system look like a derecho will hit alabama which is pretty significant itself. I don't know forecast parameters on derecho but usually its bowed out and that's what the nam shows.any input guys i don't know much about forecasting of derechos. Screenshot_20190415-172322_Samsung Internet.jpg
32km nam below also has it.nam_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_27.png

Last edited by a moderator: