• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Severe weather threat April 17-19

Is it that the wind field are just ripping them apart?

I just looked at the mesoanalysis and there actually in a area with some lacking mid level lapses (6.5), there about to head into a area with better mid level lapse rates but horrid low level lapse rates, I know that sfc-6km shear is strong but low level shear is not impressive, which might be playing a role, and plus soundings from these areas had VBV

Where can I download a radar that shows rotation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t agree with the strong tornado potential the SPC mentions of tommorow
1. Presence of VBV
2. Critical angles aren’t that impressive
3. Lack of Capping inversion/EML
4. Lots of cloud cover likely
Tornadoes tommorow are possible, but I just don’t see strong ones, maybe more in the QLCS, there’s some backing sfc winds and all, but VBV/lack of a CAP is gonna basically turn these storms into smeared cake, lol, damaging winds appears way more likely with this look, high PWAT means heavy precip that will drag down gusty winds from that llvl jet, especially with the QLCS that develops, while there may be some hail, hail growth zones aren’t too impressive, moist soundings/high PWAT owing to water loading, higher freezing levels/WBZ levels F5E6D2A7-5CC4-4C9E-9BC2-27DEAB3F00E0.jpeg

I don’t agree with the strong tornado potential the SPC mentions of tommorow
1. Presence of VBV
2. Critical angles aren’t that impressive
3. Lack of Capping inversion/EML
4. Lots of cloud cover likely
Tornadoes tommorow are possible, but I just don’t see strong ones, maybe more in the QLCS, there’s some backing sfc winds and all, but VBV/lack of a CAP is gonna basically turn these storms into smeared cake, lol, damaging winds appears way more likely with this look, high PWAT means heavy precip that will drag down gusty winds from that llvl jet, especially with the QLCS that develops, while there may be some hail, hail growth zones aren’t too impressive, moist soundings/high PWAT owing to water loading, higher freezing levels/WBZ levels View attachment 19135
I'm afraid itll become a quick spin up event like the last event. So far 13 tornadoes have been reported and counting in alabama from that event. Because shear is very high but messy storm mode.

yeah I was using pykl3 but they stopped supporting it so I switched over to radarscope, its worth it imo
I remember pykl3 i had that like 6 or 7 years ago seems like a eternity then i found radarscope which i liked better.

I spy a left split supercell in Oklahoma, with anticyclonic rotation with it and large hail

Jp dice said he'd be surprised if we didn't have widespread damaging winds across alabama tomorrow. On his livestream.

Back