• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe weather 2020

Calling for a increase chance of severe weather in the lower Miss valley in March......not exactly going out on a limb.

If ensembles/OPs are right with the SER flex in the LR, severe weather is gonna be a issue headed forward through this March, I see why BAM has those areas highlighted (on the edge of the SER)

If ensembles/OPs are right with the SER flex in the LR, severe weather is gonna be a issue headed forward through this March, I see why BAM has those areas highlighted (on the edge of the SER)
Yeah long range on today’s euro h5 patterns really setting up for some severe threats ... going be interesting as we head further get into spring

NAM looks to bring some damaging winds maybe large hail to western NC. Sharp cutoff near the black line IMO. 94051ED3-A8F4-481F-983B-3E99763DB769.jpeg

I heard a met on the radio this morning say the setup is similar to the one that caused the tornadoes in TN recently.

Some of these soundings are a bit scary, especially if models are way to bullish on the stable layer that develops at night BC8AB96A-453E-468D-85F5-CF7D85E5D9F0.png68D4E5C1-0FCE-43AC-9703-1938CFCBF8C9.pngF86F311B-5906-42E0-A836-E2CBC3E67F63.png

2 enhanced areas out to our north-west today. This is not a good time to lose power and food at homes or businesses. I encourage everyone in the Carolinas to start getting shelf stable items as the severe transitions to us over the next few weeks.

2 enhanced areas out to our north-west today. This is not a good time to lose power and food at homes or businesses. I encourage everyone in the Carolinas to start getting shelf stable items as the severe transitions to us over the next few weeks.
Or a Generator.

SPC putting out a 15% risk area for day 4 in North Alabama and Mississippi as well as Western and Central Tennessee.5A273E00-A9BF-4322-90BA-8F240ADFD268.gif
...Tuesday/Day 4 and Wednesday/Day 5...
On Tuesday, the medium-range models are in good agreement, moving an upper-level trough into the mid Mississippi Valley. Ahead of this feature, model forecasts advect low-level moisture into the Ohio and Tennessee Valleys. Thunderstorms appear most likely to develop beneath the mid-level jet along the instability axis centered in the mid Mississippi Valley. These storms would move eastward across western Kentucky, western Tennessee, northern Mississippi and northern Alabama during the afternoon. Forecast instability combined with strong deep-layer shear should be favorable for a severe threat Tuesday afternoon and evening.

Back