• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern September 2024

This link says the high of 96 on 9/1/24 at KATL was at 1:56PM. This is odd. Do you have the every few minute data for, say, 1PM to 2:10PM?

THE ATLANTA CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR SEPTEMBER 1 2024

VALID TODAY AS OF 0400 PM LOCAL TIME.

CLIMATE NORMAL PERIOD: 1991 TO 2020
CLIMATE RECORD PERIOD: 1878 TO 2024

WEATHER ITEM OBSERVED TIME RECORD YEAR NORMAL DEPARTURE LAST
VALUE (LST) VALUE VALUE FROM YEAR
NORMAL

TEMPERATURE (F)
TODAY
MAXIMUM 96 1:56 PM

—————-
Here I’ve had no measurable rainfall since way back on 8/20! That’s after an extremely wet prior ~30 days.
Very odd, and another example of KFFCs lackluster and reprehensible data collection. The data only goes back three days for that, so we can’t see it now. I never actually paid attention to their recorded time of the high temperature.

From ABC 33/40's James Spann page for September 5th:

ALL-TIME RECORD HIGH: On this date in 1925, the hottest temperatures ever recorded in the State of Alabama occurred at Centreville in Bibb County as the temperature soared to 112°. Every recording station in the state recorded a high of at least 100° that day. The summer of 1925 was blistering hot and the scorching temperatures were preceded by very dry conditions as much of Alabama was experiencing drought. That is how you get the hottest temperatures in the Deep South, heat waves are preceded by drought conditions, as dry air can get hotter than moist air. One last fact, Alabama is one of only two states to record its all-time record high in one of the non-traditional summer months of June, July, and August. The other state is Hawaii, which recorded its all-time record high of 100° in April.

Here I’ve had no measurable rainfall since way back on 8/20! That’s after an extremely wet prior ~30 days.

After having had no measurable rain for 2.5 weeks, I’ve gotten at least the better part of 1” over the last few days and it’s still raining. Been raining all day so far. Will update with final total later.

Along with todays rain are cool temperatures of only low 70s. Ocean temps have cooled nicely from mid 80s a week ago to upper 70s/low 80s now. Autumn is on the way!

Final total for 9/5-8: ~1.5”, first rains since 8/20.

Last edited:
After having had no measurable rain for 2.5 weeks, I’ve gotten at least the better part of 1” over the last few days and it’s still raining. Been raining all day so far. Will update with final total later.

Along with todays rain are cool temperatures of only low 70s. Ocean temps have cooled nicely from mid 80s a week ago to upper 70s/low 80s now. Autumn is on the way!
Wow, that’s sad. Ocean temps are at their warmest rn they shouldn’t be that cold yet.

Back