• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern September 2024

Not gonna lie, the Euro and AI Euro are making me excited. Can we get three nice Septembers in a roll?

It's been hot here the last couple years. Looking better this year so far

I'm watching that as we head to winter because above normal temps dominated obviously

Starting tomorrow, the heat is in retreat! The air temperatures for the next couple of weeks are going to be very comfortable for early September. The ninety degree days will not be missed. Towards the end of the period on the GFS there were a couple of days where the RDU area was getting close to ninety but that is still tolerable for this time of year.

Happy met. autumn!!
The Pumpkin Dance Dancing GIF by Halloween

The National Weather Service in Raleigh has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
Northwestern Nash County in central North Carolina... Northeastern Wake County in central North Carolina... Franklin County in central North Carolina...

* Until 415 PM EDT.

* At 333 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Wake Forest, or 11 miles southwest of Louisburg, moving east at 20 mph.

HAZARD... 60 mph wind gusts.

SOURCE... Radar indicated.

IMPACT... Expect damage to roofs, siding, and trees.

* Locations impacted include...
Louisburg, Wake Forest, Bunn, Rolesville, Spring Hope, Youngsville, Castalia, Centerville, Pilot, and Purnell.

The National Weather Service in Raleigh has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
Southern Wake County in central North Carolina...
Northwestern Johnston County in central North Carolina...

* Until 430 PM EDT.

* At 343 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm was located over
Fuquay-Varina, or 11 miles south of Cary, moving northeast at 30
mph.

HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Expect damage to roofs, siding, and trees.

* Locations impacted include...
Raleigh, Cary, Garner, Fuquay-Varina, Clayton, Zebulon, Holly
Springs, Knightdale, Wendell, and Lake Wheeler.

I've been seeing **yellow Butterflies**, Here on the coast, Which means , Spot/Fishing season is almost here along with cooler Temps..

@Shaggy, Usually they don't appear until Mid~Sept or October ..

They are flying now, (Early Fall)??

In fact SPOTS were reported to be caught off the piers here, (Not alot) though they are starting too move & bite..

3rd night in a row with storms at the ole homestead. Sitting between 3-4 inches total now.

I've been seeing **yellow Butterflies**, Here on the coast, Which means , Spot/Fishing season is almost here along with cooler Temps..

In fact SPOTS were reported to be caught off the piers here, (Not alot) though they are starting too move & bite..
We saw countless of them today coming back up Green swamp Road. They are like a neon yellow. Never seen that color before.

Not sure what the point of watches are anymore. No watch today but plenty of severe storm warnings. And then we have times where there are watches and it ends up less active than days like today. Maybe we would be fine with just issuing warnings.

We caught a few spot off the pier in southport back in mid July. Saw some flounder right on the beach today at CB boardwalk. They were right up against drop at shore. Water was not the typical bath water. Almost felt chilly

We caught a few spot off the pier in southport back in mid July. Saw some flounder right on the beach today at CB boardwalk. They were right up against drop at shore. Water was not the typical bath water. Almost felt chilly
Let the cooler temperatures settle in for a couple of weeks that are forecast and things should really pick up along the coast. October is usually when the spot start running around the piers. It's a shame that if you catch one of those flounder you would have to throw it back with the new recreational fishing limits.

Yeah I noticed the water wasn't as warm as it usually is but the maps are still showing above normal SSTs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back