• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern September 2024

The humidity was off the charts this morning and the rain gauge had 2.15 inches of rain from yesterday and the storms that came through overnight. Cutting the yard was like exercising in a humidor. Once the cold front rolls through and we start feeling the effects, the weather should be delightful for this time of year through the rest of the week.

The humidity was off the charts this morning and the rain gauge had 2.15 inches of rain from yesterday and the storms that came through overnight. Cutting the yard was like exercising in a humidor. Once the cold front rolls through and we start feeling the effects, the weather should be delightful for this time of year through the rest of the week.
That's why I didn't work in the yard today. Going to wait until it dries out some and the temps and humidity are lower later this week.

I see the Euro has caved to the Icon with the end of the week system.

What is with this relentless ridge? The folks in the southern gulf states must be in record territory for summer heat by now.

1725313941393.png

Mobile, AL
1725314171281.png

Their average high for August was 5.3 degrees above average, that is pretty remarkable for a summer month.

Last edited:
Gonna put the cart on front of the hoarse here.
But I cant recall Summer shuting down this early ever. Hopefully its an omen to a good winter.
Since mid August, minus last weeks mini heat wave, summer is gone. We will have to fight to cross 70 today. Dew points will bump up late week and help it rain late Fri into Sat. Then next week we will have DPs in the mid 40s all week, behind Saturdays rain. After that its already mid September. Jury is out,but my local usually is past the heat and Humidity by mid Sept.

We had hotter days last summer but this summer has been a steady oven even overnight.
That ridge parked over the gulf states gives us the worst summers. Places like CAE haven’t had it as near as bad this season.

More of the same BS from KATL's sensor just like RDU's. This was last Saturday. Here are the recorded high temperatures:

KATL: 96
KPDK: 91
KFCC: 91
KFTY: 92

The high at KATL was probably 91 or 92, but whatever happens during the time to make it go from 91 to 97 in 15 minutes, then right back down to 91 minutes later causes these egregious readings, and they just go with it. I cannot understand it.

1725472146697.png

More of the same BS from KATL's sensor just like RDU's. This was last Saturday. Here are the recorded high temperatures:

KATL: 96
KPDK: 91
KFCC: 91
KFTY: 92

The high at KATL was probably 91 or 92, but whatever happens during the time to make it go from 91 to 97 in 15 minutes, then right back down to 91 minutes later causes these egregious readings, and they just go with it. I cannot understand it.

View attachment 150688

This link says the high of 96 on 9/1/24 at KATL was at 1:56PM. This is odd. Do you have the every few minute data for, say, 1PM to 2:10PM?

THE ATLANTA CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR SEPTEMBER 1 2024

VALID TODAY AS OF 0400 PM LOCAL TIME.

CLIMATE NORMAL PERIOD: 1991 TO 2020
CLIMATE RECORD PERIOD: 1878 TO 2024

WEATHER ITEM OBSERVED TIME RECORD YEAR NORMAL DEPARTURE LAST
VALUE (LST) VALUE VALUE FROM YEAR
NORMAL

TEMPERATURE (F)
TODAY
MAXIMUM 96 1:56 PM

—————-
Here I’ve had no measurable rainfall since way back on 8/20! That’s after an extremely wet prior ~30 days.

This link says the high of 96 on 9/1/24 at KATL was at 1:56PM. This is odd. Do you have the every few minute data for, say, 1PM to 2:10PM?

THE ATLANTA CLIMATE SUMMARY FOR SEPTEMBER 1 2024

VALID TODAY AS OF 0400 PM LOCAL TIME.

CLIMATE NORMAL PERIOD: 1991 TO 2020
CLIMATE RECORD PERIOD: 1878 TO 2024

WEATHER ITEM OBSERVED TIME RECORD YEAR NORMAL DEPARTURE LAST
VALUE (LST) VALUE VALUE FROM YEAR
NORMAL

TEMPERATURE (F)
TODAY
MAXIMUM 96 1:56 PM

—————-
Here I’ve had no measurable rainfall since way back on 8/20! That’s after an extremely wet prior ~30 days.
I’ve had no measurable rainfall in over 30 days. I think that will change on Friday though.

Back