• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern September 2024

Today's drought monitor, probably underdone in some areas. Hopefully areas along the Mississippi are getting a decent soaking out of this thing.

1726161480171.png
GFS through mid next week. Circled area should be into a more severe drought situation by then.
1726161628290.png

.06”

I could potentially finish the month with .25” because there is nothing else.

KPDK has only had .12” the entire month.

Last edited:
Who ordered this rain in here today? Totally caught off guard by it and wrecked plans. What I get for relying on media wx reports. Im terrible in the summer of just watching the Atlantic satelite and Radars in the evening Not models,AFD's etc like late fall through early spring.

How did a 20% chance of showers that was forecasted yesterday for today by RAH turn into 70% today and a downpour?
Because our loss is your gain. 2-4 inches of rain Friday and Saturday over here turned onto isolated showers today and clouds the rest of the time. It had to go somewhere. You're welcome

.06”

I could potentially finish the month with .25” because there is nothing else.

KPDK has only had .12” the entire month.
I feel your pain. I've completely dried up again. Take away the 3 week stretch from the end of July through the 1st part of August, which included Debby, and it's barely rained here since May. And now this system has dried up and the coastal next week as usual won't do anything here.

I feel your pain. I've completely dried up again. Take away the 3 week stretch from the end of July through the 1st part of August, which included Debby, and it's barely rained here since May. And now this system has dried up and the coastal next week as usual won't do anything here.
Our areas will be in D3 or D4 by the end of the month. What is puzzling is why the models continue to project this phantom rainfall over and over again.

Yeah, it is looking like drought will become the main story in the GSP CWA. Both systems are gone now, and models do not show much through the end of their runs. If you took Debby and Francine out of the picture the southeast would be in a real mess right now. I'd look for October and November to be dry and warm too. A 2016 repeat.

Back