• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

ATL's high today was 83*F.

Thus, it's just warm enough to continue the above average streak (+1°F today).

79.0F here today and 77.9F yesterday, only made it to 60.4F this morning though.

You must live on top of Kennesaw Mountain.

Close to Sweat Mountain, but I have a weather station away from any buildings 6 feet off the ground like it’s supposed to be unlike so many other asshats around. Mine is usually right inline with weather.com zip 30062 within a degree or two.

FWIW, Accuweather is showing low to mid 90s in Atlanta thru 10/03 then an abrupt cooldown with highs in the 70s the rest of October.

have a freind that goes fishing named chuck, wins fishing tourneys all the time, and he says water levels are even lower than last time he saw at high rock lake, once again dead crappie and a few carp on some parts of the bank, I’ve never seen/heard the lake that low in the past year I’ve known about it, and btw, if we don’t get rain, fire season is gonna be terrible in the NC mountains again, you gotta remember with fall fronts there’s typically more downsloping which kills off precipitation, and those LLVL jets can create some really strong winds up there, just imagine that with a fire, Issa 2016 repeat, it’s gonna likely take a TC to alleviate drought, with a ridge like that, don’t really expect “normal rain events”, some folks say drought ain’t as bad as a cane but if it continues, it could be just simply started by a small fire or a simple still lit ? that’s thrown out of a car window

Here in Erwin, TN grass is straight up dead. Leaves are changing but they are browning. Hasn’t rained a drop in 3-4 weeks with temps above 80 basically every day. Only 1-3 inches of rain in last 60days across my valley.

tons of dry creek beds. It’s dry out here.

and no end in sight.B0394712-9E4A-4951-A274-277B417B2CF3.png

Here in Erwin, TN grass is straight up dead. Leaves are changing but they are browning. Hasn’t rained a drop in 3-4 weeks with temps above 80 basically every day. Only 1-3 inches of rain in last 60days across my valley.

tons of dry creek beds. It’s dry out here.

and no end in sight.View attachment 23791

Sweet baby jesus....

It's going to be looking like the Mojave Desert around here.

FWIW, the trends on the 00z run were somewhat positive from a temp standpoint.

With that center of the ridge setting up NW of here, it opens the door for CAD.

This could develop into a big problem, especially going into a Nina, potentially a multi year nina. Sky’s not quite falling yet.

View attachment 23792
I'm sure we are knocking on a Nina year, but isn't there a cold neutral/weak nino chance we get there this year? Couple years ago we were in a neutral year and I scored 3 times within a months time. I hoping we do that again

Back