Pattern Scorchtember

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
May and September are summer months in the south IMO. I would even consider April and October summer months in FL.

If they weren't traditionally, they are now.

I suspect the new 30-year averages to be released will reflect that, as this decade in general has been a torch.

They tend to work in roughly 20 year cycles ... give or take ...

What's really crazy though is this persistent pattern of above average temps is occurring at a time of supposed Solar Minimum...

https://www.climatedepot.com/2019/0...inimum-may-be-the-weakest-cycle-in-200-years/

SIDC+DailySunspotNumberSince1977.png

The Happy Hour GFS has 95 at KATL on 10/3! Are we going to need a Hotober thread? Gosh, I hope not!

Meanwhile, I’m doing my walk outside for the first time in months! It’s actually halfway pleasant and it has been so much better the last couple of days than it had been for several months!

Reactions: NorthDFWwx
Speaking of severe weather, when the ridge does crash, it’s obviously gonna take a trough to dig and do so, and a strong one at that, which obviously means high shear parameters, just instability is the question with fall setups, only takes 200>JKG as we’ve seen a lot of HSLC events in fall in the past, but this is something that is just a possibility and something the models aren’t even picking up

There have been some memorable squall lines in my neck of the woods at least in Nov, and there is a bit of a tornado peak in the SE in Nov...NC has had several large killer Nov tornados over the years.....and the longest tracked tornado ( 160 miles ) was Nov 22 1992.

There have been some memorable squall lines in my neck of the woods at least in Nov, and there is a bit of a tornado peak in the SE in Nov...NC has had several large killer Nov tornados over the years.....and the longest tracked tornado ( 160 miles ) was Nov 22 1992.

I think NC leads the nation in tornado deaths in November, too. For some reason it seems to happen the week of Thanksgiving.