• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

This may have something if not all to do with the warmth.

https://www.arctictoday.com/arctic-...um-extent-but-thats-just-part-of-the-picture/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd think that the lower ice is correlation and not causation. The pattern we are locked in is causing some warmth up there too, not producing more warmth down here. It's likely the hurricanes buffing the SER every time one passes, and in turn doing the same when they make it to the arctic. When we finally shut down the OTS hurricanes we should be able to shut off this heat dome and the same would likely happen up there as well.

I'd think that the lower ice is correlation and not causation. The pattern we are locked in is causing some warmth up there too, not producing more warmth down here. It's likely the hurricanes buffing the SER every time one passes, and in turn doing the same when they make it to the arctic. When we finally shut down the OTS hurricanes we should be able to shut off this heat dome and the same would likely happen up there as well.
Is there any evidence that would support a theory that hurricanes are a type of thermal relief valve for the atmosphere? Conducting heat from the ocean water to the lower troposphere and then into the upper atmosphere where it can be dispersed by entropy and finally wasted to the cold abyss of space? So once the hurricanes have run their course, we should cool down dramatically and finally get our cold season in the eastern U.S?

Is there any evidence that would support a theory that hurricanes are a type of thermal relief valve for the atmosphere? Conducting heat from the ocean water to the lower troposphere and then into the upper atmosphere where it can be dispersed by entropy and finally wasted to the cold abyss of space? So once the hurricanes have run their course, we should cool down dramatically and finally get our cold season in the eastern U.S?

975dae7cc8c2bd5e0fb56f853ed04c0f.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of severe weather, when the ridge does crash, it’s obviously gonna take a trough to dig and do so, and a strong one at that, which obviously means high shear parameters, just instability is the question with fall setups, only takes 200>JKG as we’ve seen a lot of HSLC events in fall in the past, but this is something that is just a possibility and something the models aren’t even picking up

BTW, ATL has hit 90*F+ 79 days this year (the average is 30 37 days).

Last edited:
Too bad they dont factor in September as part of their Summer statistics.

Or May for that matter (how soon we forget, it was also the warmest on record).

If nothing else, we can certainly say this has been a long Summer, with a growing season that started way back in February.

Back