• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

I'm not talking about around the planet. I am talking about here. A drought is not going to be as devastating here as another Katrina would be. I think the droughts here are always overblown by some. It's going to eventually rain again.
Seriously???? Tell that to the farmers that required hay and other stuff to be sent from other parts of the country because of droughts. And people like me that depend on well water. You really need to educate yourself on this subject.

12z euro is a slight improvement than 00z so far. Still above avg but not as much so as 00z
edit: lol nevermind

Last edited:
Seriously???? Tell that to the farmers that required hay and other stuff to be sent from other parts of the country because of droughts. And people like me that depend on well water. You really need to educate yourself on this subject.

Yeah, still not as devastating as Katrina.

Not too bad this afternoon
9da6a57b990a9a14e382622351844aa7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Euro has widespread 98-100 across much of the Eastern US next Saturday. That's 100 degrees on September 29th!! Would break records like crazy. Of course its way out in fantasy land. View attachment 23756

Looking forward into October and you don't see a lot of hope. The ENSO continues to be in a weird state but clearly la nina presence is influencing the weather pattern. Hot/dry Eastern US is staple la nina feel.

When the ENSO is in a neutral state it allows other indexes to flex their muscles.

Heading into October the MJO is in a terrible position for our fall.View attachment 23757

Here are the temps based on MJO. You can see 8 and 1 are not nice to us in the Southeast.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this dry/hot pattern last into October. Especially without any outside forces. A lot of times we see a tropical system help break down this ridge. Without any influence there is nothing to knock it down.
View attachment 23759
CPC also agrees with the continued warmth atleast until October.View attachment 23760
Dont worry. It will definitely move out of 8 and 1 soon. Just in time for winter when that's what we need.

have a freind that goes fishing named chuck, wins fishing tourneys all the time, and he says water levels are even lower than last time he saw at high rock lake, once again dead crappie and a few carp on some parts of the bank, I’ve never seen/heard the lake that low in the past year I’ve known about it, and btw, if we don’t get rain, fire season is gonna be terrible in the NC mountains again, you gotta remember with fall fronts there’s typically more downsloping which kills off precipitation, and those LLVL jets can create some really strong winds up there, just imagine that with a fire, Issa 2016 repeat, it’s gonna likely take a TC to alleviate drought, with a ridge like that, don’t really expect “normal rain events”, some folks say drought ain’t as bad as a cane but if it continues, it could be just simply started by a small fire or a simple still lit ? that’s thrown out of a car window

Will be interesting to see what happens to our biome with deciduous trees losing their leaves in early December and getting tricked into budding by late January after a warm spell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the government will just bail the farmers out. Crop failure insurance, etc, it sucks, I have to water just to keep my shrubs and trees alive, but I don’t farm for a living, but anytime you depend on mother nature for a livelihood, it’s gotta suck, and have to plan and prepare for things like this!
Kind of like ski resorts in WNC, seems doomed for failure every year! Can’t make snow with temps 60/40 in January/ February

have a freind that goes fishing named chuck, wins fishing tourneys all the time, and he says water levels are even lower than last time he saw at high rock lake, once again dead crappie and a few carp on some parts of the bank, I’ve never seen/heard the lake that low in the past year I’ve known about it, and btw, if we don’t get rain, fire season is gonna be terrible in the NC mountains again, you gotta remember with fall fronts there’s typically more downsloping which kills off precipitation, and those LLVL jets can create some really strong winds up there, just imagine that with a fire, Issa 2016 repeat, it’s gonna likely take a TC to alleviate drought, with a ridge like that, don’t really expect “normal rain events”, some folks say drought ain’t as bad as a cane but if it continues, it could be just simply started by a small fire or a simple still lit ? that’s thrown out of a car window
Those gatlinburg fires in 2016, were whipped by some ferocious winds and was ahead of the front that gave me the tornado in my back yard!

Those gatlinburg fires in 2016, were whipped by some ferocious winds and was ahead of the front that gave me the tornado in my back yard!

These past years have been bad when it comes to strong winds in the mountains, just these few past years we’ve had rain to keep fire issues calm, and oh yeah that’s right, llvl jet that caused issues for the mountain fires caused your tornado

Back