• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

Good news, the GFS shows some relief at the end of Its run. Though It’s probably a mirage because we live in the desert now. Even the the camels are laughing at us because they’re going to be cooler than us next week. SMH91D1F61E-506E-4B08-BFA3-AB3FD4118342.png03A8DC56-0F7B-4873-8FDD-E5F7CB084BA9.png

At this point might as well hope it doesn't roll right though winter. I hope we have too much warmth and can get some snow in a few months instead of another summer! It's been too warm for 8 months now!
Mjo likely to hang out in p1 for a while so ridging would be the primary player with short interludes of some troughing

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Lots of mid 50s showing up already. Metwannabe might make a run at 45 tonight
5a9ad9de4f56fe243e0b058069eb39a0.jpg

Lots of mid 50s showing up already. Metwannabe might make a run at 45 tonight
5a9ad9de4f56fe243e0b058069eb39a0.jpg

Already 53 I might sleep outside btw where are those obs from? Looks like a radar with current obs, app? Site?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FYI not far off from some sleet if we had moisture given temps are dropping into the 40s before 11pm around Boone. Mostly due to dry air...if we had moisture to work with.

Radar omega, it has a lot of other cool features.
e8aa8357ae39e4bc5d60ccc55dfc9c9e.jpg

Hi shane. I have a question. Just out of curiosity, if we get the mjo to focus more in phases 8 and 1 this winter, would we have a better chance at a colder and stormier outcome? Thanks in advance.

Hi shane. I have a question. Just out of curiosity, if we get the mjo to focus more in phases 8 and 1 this winter, would we have a better chance at a colder and stormier outcome? Thanks in advance.
It can't hurt. Obviously there are other factors that could still ruin things but having the mjo on your side is always a good thing. I'm still on the very warm train for winter but this is starting to make me at least wonder

The gfs run makes sense with the trough over the top suppressing the ridge. Much better than it trying to spill a trough down in the lee of the Rockies then plow it east

If you can’t push it, squash it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

after a day around 80(finally below normal), got some wet roads from mist here on the edges of Imelda

This is sad lol I feel like this is a preview of the maybe 3 flakes we'll get this winter...

ATL has yet to see a day with a negative temperature departure this September.

The best shot at that happening looks to be today or tomorrow, depending on the morning lows.

Otherwise, we're going to go an entire months with temps above average every single day.

ATL has yet to see a day with a negative temperature departure this September.

The best shot at that happening looks to be today or tomorrow, depending on the morning lows.

Otherwise, we're going to go an entire months with temps above average every single day.

Mellish’s blog post yesterday mentioned that and several other records. Worth a read. Nuts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

54 degrees
i'm wearing a longsleeve shirt today just because i can

Back