• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

Its true though. How many times have you seen long range models show cold only to modify as it gets closer ? No reason why the reverse cant happen when it shows warmth in the long range.

You should know by now, warmth is normally forecasted well, if you see signs of ridging in the SE/warmth in the SE in the extended, its way more likely than cold, when you see cold in the models at long range, it normally modifies, for example the cold bias @GaWx mentions often is a good example, and there’s support for heat in the extended

No real rain here yet but it is cloudy and only 80 degrees here at mid afternoon after the whole month being well over 90

Ill take it lol

not feeling good, dry CADs do that lol, anyways it does feel better outside, NWS going with 48 degrees tonight

Probably a sign of our winter pattern where we finally get a -NAO and still torch!
I have heard that -NAO in the summer correlates to hot. I don't know if that's true or not, but I've heard it said. The unfortunate reality seems to be that everything correlates to hot anymore.

I have heard that -NAO in the summer correlates to hot. I don't know if that's true or not, but I've heard it said. The unfortunate reality seems to be that everything correlates to hot anymore.

Cycles I think. Don’t want to start talking about CC but I think we are just in a warm cycle and have been since the early 90s. We will flip again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got D15? We can get out of the ridge rolling this forward but we can easily see the same thing over and over

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
At this point might as well hope it doesn't roll right though winter. I hope we have too much warmth and can get some snow in a few months instead of another summer! It's been too warm for 8 months now!

I will guess the winter pattern will look very similar to this. This pattern will be hard to break. We need a miracle.

Not a miracle. I think we might be seeing some chinks in the model armor so to speak. 24 hours ago things were looking bleak. We are starting to see a ridge that while resilient, can only hold so long. You aren’t sustaining mid 90’s past early October.

Back