• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Scorchtember

GFS wasn't really terrible until the very long range.

Sad that I'm saying that mostly well above average temps are okay, but for a while the top looked like low 90s to me.

Now precip is a whole different story for some.

72/52 with full sun and a 15 mph NE breeze.....not bad for mid Sept......rainfall is not a big deal here yet got 8" in Dorian.....would love to see 48/49 in the morning...would be the first time we have been below 50 since mid May, forecast is for 51 but we always go lower if the wind lays up in setup's like this.

Nice NAO block in the extended, with big ridge over the SE. That will give us incredible warmth and deflect any kind of TS. So you are in luck if you like dry/heat.

GEFS Ensembles North America 5-day Avg 500Z Anom 306.png

Nice NAO block in the extended, with big ridge over the SE. That will give us incredible warmth and deflect any kind of TS. So you are in luck if you like dry/heat.

View attachment 23733

Just to add as a point of clarification, that map shows height trends (orange is rising and blue is falling), not temperature departures.

View attachment 23733
How is that even possible? Ridging in AK and Greenland and we torch. My bet is the NAO wont verify, because we know the SER will.

View attachment 23733

Could break some records with that look. looks like that type of heat with large t/dp spreads/ mixed BL, and to go with that there’s also the developing drought which helps a bit, so it’s definitely gonna be hot (90s) with that look

How is that even possible? Ridging in AK and Greenland and we torch. My bet is the NAO wont verify, because we know the SER will.

Probably because the MJO In phases favorable for that ugliness, and very warm waters under Alaska, and a very negative PNA, also it’s a bad -EPO

There wouldnt be as much to talk about, but it would be nice if we could just ignore what any map says beyond 7 days. I dont even care what the maps say 10+ days from now because it most likely will change.

That’s what we say when we don’t like what the models show day 7+.

We have had -NAO for past several months. Past couple weeks have been + though.

E63F1310-6397-439F-BBD7-187E183439A2.png

That’s what we say when we don’t like what the models show day 7+.
Its true though. How many times have you seen long range models show cold only to modify as it gets closer ? No reason why the reverse cant happen when it shows warmth in the long range.

Its true though. How many times have you seen long range models show cold only to modify as it gets closer ? No reason why the reverse cant happen when it shows warmth in the long range.

Day 12+ can get iffy for sure but in this case EPS and GEFS agree day 7-12 -NAO, GOA ridge and thus warm/dry pattern for us.

14-km EPS Global Northern Hemisphere 5-day Avg 500Z Anom 300.png

Back