• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical Hurricane Francine

210159_current_wind_sm.png

From Ryan Maue:

Model guidance is more confident in southern Gulf of Mexico disturbance rapidly intensifying into a hurricane prior to landfall in TX/LA Wed/Thurs

970s mb central pressure is quite significant, up to Category 2. Please keep an eye on (soon-to-be) Francine

Globals are still showing a central Louisiana landfall vrs the spaghetti models. Gonna be interesting to see who wins this one. I’m pulling towards the globals just because they been consistent with a strengthening storm up until landfall

The global models today have been concerning for me. GFS particularly shows the center of PTC 6 making landfall as a Cat 2/3 and then going inland just west of my location. A couple things to keep in mind that help me feel better is 1) We're still 3 days out, so the track and intensity forecast can and will change, and 2) this is just a couple of model runs of the operational GFS. All I can do is pray for the best and prepare for the worst, as the saying goes.

That’s still a powerful hurricane at 967mb. If this strengthens any faster than forecast then this could very well trend little more east as it feels the front l.
Yeah the stronger and more quickly deepening storm should go a bit further east

This is the first run with Six-06L 18z Euro and HAFS-A has a central Louisiana hit
Probably why NHC forecast incorporates all the scenarios so far.

"The track guidance this cycle shifted east, with
the GFS and ECMWF models notably on the east side of the guidance
envelope. The initial NHC track forecast won't go quite that far
east, but splits the difference between the consensus aid TVCN and
these eastward model solutions. Future adjustments could be
necessary if these eastward trends continue. Given the current
structure, the track forecast is of lower confidence than usual."

213729_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Back