• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

no change from me from a couple of days ago. I may tick east in later updates if the storm gets stronger than forecast and speeds up crossing Florida. This will cut down on impacts north of Myrtle Beach. But for now, sig. flood likely in areas belowIMG_3223.jpeg

It doesn't have enough time to consolidate.....at least that's what they think. We will see what it really can do.
I wonder though how much of that has to with the center forecast to stay over land in Cuba and going over tall mountains. If the center is developing south of Cuba like it appears on satellite, then it may very well not be over land except for a short time on the western side of the island with much lower elevation

I wonder though how much of that has to with the center forecast to stay over land in Cuba and going over tall mountains. If the center is developing south of Cuba like it appears on satellite, then it may very well not be over land except for a short time on the western side of the island with much lower elevation

If consolidates south of Cuba the chances of it getting much farther west increase. Probably still will sling back east toward FL, but the more time passes it may either miss the weakness or have the ridge build back and push it back west.

Its still a large broad area of circulation and even with the center possibly forming south of Cuba the overall effect of Cuba to its organization will be the same for the most part. This is what I am seeing looking at the loops....if this is the eventual center and track it wont organize to much till it gets north of Cuba...

7f5f9298-aed6-48a9-b869-57f88681c1bb.jpg

^ JB you can’t just say boiling water means RI or CAT5 you have to add more to post cause they didn’t like it when I said it awhile back

IF it can get enough time in the GOM the build a actual decent size wind field with an established strong core it will have much bigger impacts in Florida obviously but also up the chances of it being able to recover enough in the ATL to give NC a actual problem other than rain.

The red track on this would be pretty bad a lot of time over water on that run....would be a red meat cane into MHX/Emerald Isle...

I kinda trust the euro when it comes to hard north west hooks on the east coast from storms in the Caribbean. (Sandy) So I’m not fully on board for a hurricane into eastern NC at all.

In fact, the
SHIPS guidance and all of the regional hurricane models show the
cyclone reaching hurricane strength before reaching land in the Big
Bend region of Florida in 2 to 3 days

Back