• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Possible Snow & Ice Threat Nov 14-15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing a colder and wetter trend in the models tonight. Wrap around flurries is all I expect but maybe we can get a surprise too.
Yeah and seems like the upper low is little further east as well.

Beautiful
45220ccb96794f9207a274a9b9405f31.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Memphis has shifted their accumulation maps Northward. Still hoping to see some snow fly in North MS.

Crazy to me that it seems places in the deep south see snow every year before we see it here.

NWS says dew-point in Spartanburg is 37F already lower than projected by models and NWS.

Crazy to me that it seems places in the deep south see snow every year before we see it here.
I think it has a lot to with the fact that our early season cold air invasions drop down out of Canada into the middle of the country. We don’t benefit a whole lot from that type of HP placement. Just my amateur take

Mountains.
Btw I find this from the Rah NWS a little comical and even a touch of resentment that this storm is occurring now... Lol

If this were December or January, we would most likely have 20s near surface temperatures, with much more freezing rain. It is not mid winter, it is mid-November. Therefore, this is not a classical time to have a classical winter storm either.

Deep south yes but also those areas are further west, as in west of the mountains (as RC noted), nothing to inhibit the cold air and further from Atlantic maritime influence.

Why ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because it is further south, where it is usually warmer. I guess the mountains screw things up for here. Always seems harder than it should be to get winter weather in this part of NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back