• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Possible severe weather February 4th-7th

Just posted about 45 minutes ago from AKQ.
5edd29a338dc695ca8f53243b9ff43d0.jpg

Wow that was a wild couple hours ... we had two bands of very intense rain and wind and sirens from UNCC campus were blaring for an hour or so .. very ominous and very exciting .. that was the most severe weather I’ve experienced since all of last year combined

Looks like the first storms of the day should be rolling through soon

I can tell you I've been watching the area in South GA all day as I thought some discreet action may be possible and although there was one storm that looked like it wanted to try to rotate that was out in front (and it got severe warned shortly after I said it was suspicious), I'm not seeing anything, at least on normal radar. Those storms look strong but it kinda looks like they're consolidating to me.

Enhanced spin closer to the triple point?
I can tell you here well out ahead of the squall line, the winds here are screaming from the SSW with gusts close to 50 at times.
Could be. I mean, I am glad don't get me wrong, just a little surprised. We have over 1000 cape and obviously the winds. Could be the lack of lapse rates?

Could be. I mean, I am glad don't get me wrong, just a little surprised. We have over 1000 cape and obviously the winds. Could be the lack of lapse rates?

Not sure. Any insolation down here or just muddled layers of cloud cover? We've had occasionally some breaks in the clouds and during that time, winds became ferocious with more mixing.

Enhanced spin closer to the triple point?
I can tell you here well out ahead of the squall line, the winds here are screaming from the SSW with gusts close to 50 at times.

Getting some sun through high clouds and a few legit breaks.....wind getting gustier as well especially with the increased sun...temp went from 63 to 77 lol.....wont impact us as much probably though since the timing for us is several hrs after dark for the main squall line....

Here was some of the strong winds after that rotation came through, video doesn’t do its justice

Back