• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Possible severe weather February 4th-7th

Sleet City USA

Still Learning
Reaction score
I'm at my dad's office downtown where there is power. My home is not expected to have power until Monday, and based off the damage path, my home was spared by less than half a mile as I have reason to believe it was in the air above my house and then back on the ground just under a mile east of my house. Here's some photos from spots all within 5 minutes drive from my house

Brick Tamland

Reaction score
I really spoke too soon about it being underwhelming here. Yeah, I personally didn't get any damage, but there are trees down, power out, and flooding all over the Raleigh area. I am surprised because the one line of storms that came through here didn't last long at all.

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
Well that’s not good. Some slight back building in upstate SC into east TN. More rain for NC. Several state of emergencies were declared earlier (Hickory, Jonesville, Iredell County).

Chazwin

Reaction score
With the amount of rain that we have seen with this system, I can’t help but think that this reminds me of the May 1989 Western Carolinas tornado outbreak. That system dumped over 4 inches of rain throughout the foothills and Piedmont and produced several large F-4 and F-5 tornadoes. It makes you wonder how bad today could have been with a May airmass in place.

BirdManDoomW

Leader of the bird cult
Reaction score
With the amount of rain that we have seen with this system, I can’t help but think that this reminds me of the May 1989 Western Carolinas tornado outbreak. That system dumped over 4 inches of rain throughout the foothills and Piedmont and produced several large F-4 and F-5 tornadoes. It makes you wonder how bad today could have been with a May airmass in place.
May would have more vegetation to soak up this rain. Tornado risk would be higher but flooding would be lower somewhat.

Rain Cold

Fixed
Staff member
Reaction score
This rain is amazing. If I had a weather station, I would know how much I have received. Got to think it's over 3" by now.

GaWx

Supporter
Reaction score
Very heavy thunderstorms now here! I’m glad I got home before they hit! The heavy rain reminds me of summer thunderstorms.

Myfrotho704_

Be yourself !
Reaction score
Impressive downdrafts with these showers, wind gusts are actually strong with these low topped showers, quite suprised

Myfrotho704_

Be yourself !
Reaction score
1/3 of a town just north of my place (kannapolis NC) doesn’t have power, dang, driving around seeing it completely pitch black

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Tiny bit breezy this morning
Seeing some mPING wind reports, Triad Airport had a gust of 53 And a coworker that lives in Henderson just called to tell me they didn't have power so yeah the wind business is picking up this morning.

NCSNOW

Reaction score
Seeing some mPING wind reports, Triad Airport had a gust of 53 And a coworker that lives in Henderson just called to tell me they didn't have power so yeah the wind business is picking up this morning.
The wind is no playing matter this morning over here. Woke me up multiple times. Constant gust well over 40mph