• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Possible severe weather February 4th-7th

There's a tornado warning around Augusta, GA heading into SC btw. So KCAE is not out of the woods by any means. The line should continue to beef up as it approaches.

There's a tornado warning around Augusta, GA heading into SC btw. So KCAE is not out of the woods by any means. The line should continue to beef up as it approaches.

Chris Jackson has pics of a wall cloud on it on twitter

This is why there was a few tornadoes around CLT earlier, right near the backdoor front and absolutely insane amounts of helicity close by 2DF50ED0-2171-4D64-B7B6-4C5C962CC575.gif

It looks like it's going to rain for a long time. The HrrRrRR tightens the southern extent of the line up and hauls it through later. But it sure doesn't look like it's in any hurry to do that, looking at the radar loop.

Damn cell is heading right for my house. Looks to be mainly wind with it right now.

Has some beautiful low level structure on it for a HSLC low LCL type day, knowing me if that was coming towards me I’d grab a few pictures, lol, stay safe man

Sounds like it was a good move to leave work to get my son from school. There's report of damage from the line that came through in Raleigh on Capital Blvd near my office, and the traffic lights are all out in the area.

Outflow is
It looks like it's going to rain for a long time. The HrrRrRR tightens the southern extent of the line up and hauls it through later. But it sure doesn't look like it's in any hurry to do that, looking at the radar loop.
Yep we have really created a heavy rainfall mess here. Outflow inching south with a south flow over top and the best forcing still way west, its going to rain a lot. We may not be out of the severe threat either, may see a second elevated line form in the larger area of rain this evening or early tonight as the better forcing moves in

I know hindsight is 20/20, and you really have no idea how the threat will turn out, but if that line is all I get from this, I have to say it ended up being underwhelming for me. Not complaining, and glad it was not like what some got today. Just saying I was expecting it to be worse for my backyard.

Back