• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Possible Severe Weather April 22nd-23rd

Tbh I'd rather deal with the classic 90 degree temps with isolated storms than threats of strong tornadoes every weekend. Bring on Summer.

Just wish the temp will stop rising after it hits 85 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah I could do without the mid-90s+. Although if we are going to keep getting severe threats I would prefer to see the SE ridge return in full. It's a tough balancer because if the ridge returns (even if it's not significant, just enough to deflect), it's going to be hot, and it would be now if it was here honestly.

It's like how I'd prefer it to not be in the low 50s right now but if it's going to be the sacrifice to not get major storms I'll deal with it.

Tbh I'd rather deal with the classic 90 degree temps with isolated storms than threats of strong tornadoes every weekend. Bring on Summer.
And it beats what it does in the winter anymore, which is rain, rain, rain 5 out of every 7 ------- days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

e4bc1b77093facec34e9d1ed4cfa39e2.jpg

This is a sounding for upstate sc on the latest nam. Starting to signal a red flag for this system yikes

West-Central GA, SW GA and SE AL is getting PDS TOR sounding from Thurs 21z-Fri 00z.

Yep this one definitely a system we should be talking about right now. Potential is there to be bigger then yesterday’s outbreak

That's in the too far out range for the NAM and that sounding is CAPE inhibited. I will be more interested in what the NAM shows from about around 60 hours. At 60 hours it did look like that LP system in the NE wasn't as suppressed or as strong as a recent Euro to me but I just glanced.

What's most frustrating to me is that these events keep coming through locally at night.

If they're going to happen, it would be nice for them to occur during peak heating.

What's most frustrating to me is that these events keep coming through locally at night.

If they're going to happen, it would be nice for them to occur during peak heating.
While I know the NAM is probably too far out to be reliable, the soundings are for 4-7 PM Thursday for our area. Which would be completely different than the last two rounds.

Back